Scott Pro Racing -edited

bm0p700f

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this of Stumpjumper1990. He has done the good thing and had it resprayed in colours I like, got decals and sold it to me. Nice man.

The frame is made from Ritchey tubing and weighs 1597g. There is a Ritchey stem and a scott bars on it now.

Spec
Brake lever : Suntour XC pro
Shifters: XT M730
Brakes: XT M734
Front mech: FD-M737 top pull 28.6mm
Rear Mech: RD-M900
Seatpost: XT not sure which one 26.8mm though
Saddle: Sella Italia C2
Chainset: FC-M730 170mm with ritchey rings 46/36/26T
Front wheel: M730 hubs on Mavic X117 rim Sapim laser spokes alloy nipples 723g
Rear wheel: M732 hub 135mm on Mavic XM717 rim Sapim Laser spokes and alloy nipples 940g
Tyres: Geax Barro mud as I am expectin mud in this sunday's race.
Tubes: Conti MTB 26
Bar Tape: Cinelli cork double wrapped for comfort.
Pedals: M520 need to do something about this.

Weight 11kg dead. I need to shed a 1kg or two from it.
Cinelli Grammo stem flat bars normal grips and other stuff will shed lots of weight.

The saddle is actually higher than the bars and I really am not happy with the bars they are going to have to change. Also that shimano seat post ust like my dura ace one will not allow the seat to sit level. How annoying as I will probably have to change that too.

Re: Scott Pro Racing

It nearly finshed I will take some more photo's when the front mech is on and the new wheels are built.

The front mech on its way is a XT M737 top pull and and the seatpost is now a black XT one. So nearly a full XT groupset aprt from levers and front mech they will come.

I will also do a write up on wheel building for all those tempted to give it a go and John can use that as one of his articles. That will be a very long post.

Original post changed as I lost the first photo. Spec updated but I would not call the proect finished yet. More to come but I will be racing on Sunday in the 4 hour enduro at Thetford. I hope it is comfortable.

Well I changed the bar tape to black and took it racing today. 4 hour XC at Thetford. The bike performed well and I started to like the bars. However I know I am not slow as I closed/passed folk on the hills that over took me on the single track. This bike made the trails hard work. Only managed 24th out 38. I should try and find a 1" sus fork. I enjoyed riding it though but the pushisment my hands, arms, legs and back took from it being rigid very rigid was too much. On the bumpy single track I just could not keep the speed up, maybe larger volume tyres will help a bit. However I did enjoy it never the less. Maybe I need to harden up.

Back