Raleigh M-TRAX RSP slowly slowly build

raleighrider21

Retro Guru
Decided that after monnths of waiting i should probably just start a thread for my raleigh M-trax rsp build that is taking me an age. Got the frame from poweredbypies who is a awesome guy and sold me the frame for £10 not long after i crashed and bent my raleigh lizard, intentions at first were to get it built up as quick as possible and ride it everywhere including down cannock chase. plans changed when i got a different bike etc but things happened and the frame has been sitting in the corner of my room for a while, ive occasionally bought parts which were intended to go on this frame but went on other bikes :( now getting moaned at for not building it by the wonderfull woman in my life :rolls: im finally getting it built. dont know what parts im building it with yet but its going to be one hell of a slow build and will be getting done as/when funds allow for parts to be purchased :)
so far i know ill put some rigid forks on and maybe get a nice set of rockshox for when i feel like a change, itll get two different sets of tyres, one for road riding and one for the trails. anyway heres some pics of the frame as it was when i got it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,066
have got the day off of college because im ill ;) so going to do something productive and sort out the rear end of the bike, hopefully by tonight ill have the rear mech totally sorted (need to find some jockey wheels for it) ill have some brake callipers installed and the rear wheel will be on heres the one pic i have so far...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,021
I've had one of these since 2001.
Lovely frame, I'm currently in the middle of re-building it.
I bought it as a complete bike, it's got a few interesting bits on it including a White Industries front hub and RockShox / AMP front disc brake.

Unfortunately, I have limited time to work on it, so like yourself, it could take me a while.
So far, all I have done is photograph the stickers and re-created the artwork for them (that's the easy bit for me as a graphic designer!) and stripped the bike down.

Be interested to see any progress on your build.
Cheers
Joe

ive took the day off because im "ILL" ;) lol
thats the only reason ive managed to get any work done on it today. got this as a frame off a member on here when i first joined :) wont be bothering with powdercoating and new decals etc as itll only get all scratched and chipped again when i ride it and compared to some of my old bikes this is mint :LOL: going to be building it with a mix of modern and retro parts.
picked up a brand new quick release front wheel from halfrauds today so thatll go into the parts pile im starting off for the bike :LOL:
got some jockey wheels into the deore rear mech i got with the frame, put the mech on and put a old rear wheel i had lying around on (just for mock up purposes wont be using it when the bike is ridden). pics -

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 999
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 999
few things have happened but nothing picture worthy.
I got a brand new q/r wheel to match the front wheel but when I inspected it closer it had a buckle so working on returning that.
bottom bracket has gone in.
headset is about to go in today.
got a set of cranks for it but they were ruined, so need to find myself a new set.
will be getting some rigid forks on next pay day.

been a while since I updated this. the build got put on hold.
I gathered everything apart from a rear wheel for it. then ended up putting all of those parts onto a Carrera frame I got given. then I ended up selling that bike because I wanted a new playstation3 :facepalm:
going to be getting this frame built up by june latest though. getting a headset and some rigid forks next weekend, not sure what bars im getting yet.
wheels will be after that.
going for a rigid set up. will be getting a cheap set of rockshox forks off ebay for when I want suspension. should be some pictures up soon.

Back