1992 Rocky Mountain Experience - UPDATE.. AVID Arch SUPREME

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This one has been a real project... when I got the frame the aluminum was oxidized everywhere... Many hours when into polishing it up... still needs a little more but that can wait until later...

This will me my ONE bike with a colour scheme... and I'm glad... it's SUCH a hassle to match tones of blue... Ringle, Avid, and Race Face all have different shades... Avid and Ringle are close... but Race Face is WAY off... I was going to get a Kooka crank because the blue they use is closer but Rocky Mountain and Race Face just go so well together =)

This one will have a Deore XT 8 speed group with the original Rigid Tange BIG fork pained blue

The blue bits in the pic took months to accumulate... the NOS Ringle Slamma Jamma Headset was the hardest item to find, followed by the Avid Ultimate levers in blue and the Tri align brakes. The Ringle Stem is courtesy of RockiMtn (thanks!)
The handlebar is actually a Syncros Easton bar but the lable is worn off

Seatpost is a Syncros 34.9 ... pretty damn rare!! but I got one... :D

Fork steer tube is threaded so I had to get it cut and extended... should be ready in a couple days then I can install it...

Tires are in the mail, I'll post pics of them when they arrive

Attachments

• _DSC3535-edit.JPG
    _DSC3535-edit.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 2,103
  • _DSC3534-edit.JPG
    _DSC3534-edit.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 2,104
  • _DSC3533-edit.JPG
    _DSC3533-edit.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 2,104
  • _DSC3532-edit.JPG
    _DSC3532-edit.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,101
  • _DSC3531-edit.JPG
    _DSC3531-edit.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 2,102
  • _DSC3530-edit.JPG
    _DSC3530-edit.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 2,101
Re: 1992 Rocky Mountain Experience

One more question for any readers... I actually have one more blue kit build in the works... I can't decide if I should use the silver Syncros bar or this Blue Race Face one which was courtesy of Chickenball (Thanks again!!)

If it doesn't work for This build I will use it on the other one... one or the other...

My only concern is that the blue of the bar is much darker than the blue of the avid levers and Ringle stem (which match eachother)...

Suggestions?... I did want to use the Blue crankset along with the Blue bar... on the other hand i DO have another near Nos race face turbine in silver..... decisions decisions... :?

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,089
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,089

Still wondering if there are any suggestions... Polished Syncros bar or blue race face bar??

Tyres came in!! Grey schwable racing rob 26x2.25 (just barely clears the front mech!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,014

Personally i'd go silver with the bar, to match the post/frame.

Bike is looking awesome!

Thanks! Ill do a mockup if both once the fork is back from the shop (new threadless steer tube being installed)

this is too close to the set of blue components for my Brodie Sovereign, so i vote silver bar! :LOL:

hmmm… those grips and stem look familiar. ;)

My vote goes to the silver bar too. Blue bar/blue stem is too much and I doubt the blue from Ringle matches the bar.

Thanks! (Yes the do look familiar ;) thanks!)

The race face blue is way off of the ringle /avid blue...

The crank is ok because it's far enough away from the other blue bits... But I think I do agree... I may have to go with the silver bar as a nice contrast...

Ill start with the silver bar... If I like it ill leave it on :D

Thx!

Back