Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:11 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:44 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: South Somerset
Always been a bit of a fan of Travis Brown.I remember that magic 10th place at Durango.

I guess Overend and Travis had a bit of a home advantage 8) Still a great ride though.


Attachments:
1192Manitou1_zpsbb6899bb.jpg
1192Manitou1_zpsbb6899bb.jpg [ 150.2 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
1192Manitou2_zpsf2692e88.jpg
1192Manitou2_zpsf2692e88.jpg [ 208.39 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
1192Manitou3_zps72cb3114.jpg
1192Manitou3_zps72cb3114.jpg [ 188.48 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
1192Manitou4_zps25abe1ab.jpg
1192Manitou4_zps25abe1ab.jpg [ 218.52 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:55 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 9:18 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: The Surrey Hills
Manitiou? :wink:

The Bradbury era Manitous don't have serial numbers AFAIK, well mine don't.

Nice piece of history!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 771
Location: Netherlands
Very nice bike! Great patina, shame about the crack...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Boulder, CO
uno-speedo wrote:
Manitiou? :wink:

The Bradbury era Manitous don't have serial numbers AFAIK, well mine don't.

Nice piece of history!


Thanks for the call out on spelling... I was trigger happy on the keyboard!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:52 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Boulder, CO
Thanks for the scans player!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:39 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 3199
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
uno-speedo wrote:

The Bradbury era Manitous don't have serial numbers, well mine don't.

Nice piece of history!



might be worth dropping Martin Kozaczek a PM as he has a couple of early Bradbury Manitou's from 1989 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234819

He'll know for sure about serial numbers...granted his are hard tails before anyone flames me :lol:

Still keep coming back to have another look at your FS :D ... Its awesome


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Boulder, CO
What is everyone's opinion about cleaning this bike up? Since we are displaying it in our museum we are wondering if we take the time to take it apart and detail each piece and put it back. Keeping the original everything in place, just cleaning / degrease / lubing it and rebuilding. Keeping the OG Cables etc.

Or do you just leave it as it was after its last ride?

What do you think?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:50 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 9:18 pm
Posts: 1343
Location: The Surrey Hills
Retro Spud wrote:
might be worth dropping Martin Kozaczek a PM as he has a couple of early Bradbury Manitou's from 1989 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234819

He'll know for sure about serial numbers...granted his are hard tails before anyone flames me :lol:


His don't either as far as I can remember.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3883
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
theproscloset wrote:
What is everyone's opinion about cleaning this bike up? Since we are displaying it in our museum we are wondering if we take the time to take it apart and detail each piece and put it back. Keeping the original everything in place, just cleaning / degrease / lubing it and rebuilding. Keeping the OG Cables etc.

Or do you just leave it as it was after its last ride?

What do you think?


Leave as is I reckon.

Much better the way it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:47 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: South Somerset
Giom6 wrote:
theproscloset wrote:
What is everyone's opinion about cleaning this bike up? Since we are displaying it in our museum we are wondering if we take the time to take it apart and detail each piece and put it back. Keeping the original everything in place, just cleaning / degrease / lubing it and rebuilding. Keeping the OG Cables etc.

Or do you just leave it as it was after its last ride?

What do you think?


Leave as is I reckon.

Much better the way it is.



With Gio on this one.

If Travis was the last person to set this bike up to his exact preference then I'd leave it alone knowing it's exactly set up for him and him alone.

It would be part of the history I guess 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adrian, Elev12k, IHateRain and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group