Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:57 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re: here're my kona's:-D
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:59 am 
Dirt Disciple

Konafan78 wrote:
Nice.......love them.

You must, as I do like a slightly small frame with the post a little higher, it just looks right, better and more agile and manoeuvrable, just my opinion of course.

Which begs the question, how do you buy the right size bike and what determines the right size bike for someone ? All the bikes I have ever had I would say have been a tad too small for me but I wouldn't change any of them........

Lovely collection... :D

>>my stevens in progress, my first mtb bought with hard earned money:-D
also bought that with small frame and mounting 'oversized' seatpost to fit my 1,90m :_D

Attachments:
okt_13 053.JPG
okt_13 053.JPG [ 325.51 KiB | Viewed 142 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 am 
Dirt Disciple

everydays steeltrain:-D

Attachments:
okt_13 057.JPG
okt_13 057.JPG [ 321.91 KiB | Viewed 141 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

hannes1981 wrote:

And hey i'm always looking for almost original kona's from the 1994-1996 series!!! can't get enough of these!! please write if there is one to sell:-PP

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What, what, what!?!? Another Kona collector in our midst? He can't make a statement like that, can he fella's? :shock:

Hehe, just kidding hannes and welcome to the forum! :D Loving the '95 Kilauea!! And agree about the smaller size frame's, have several myself that most would say were too small for me but they just look so damn good! Alot of fun to ride too!..not for any epic long distance ride's mind :wink:

..."competition" indeed :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

nice collection hannes, the sex one looks great, never saw one in anything other than full retro guise before :) it's good to see some people that like small frames. I manage to be quite stretched out on my 16'' cc despite being nearly 6ft. tall, the back wheel doesn't skip around, steers fast and feels comfortable on long rides.
-added- are you searching polands most popular auction site hannes? there have been a few kona's on there lately.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Canuck wrote:
hannes1981 wrote:

And hey i'm always looking for almost original kona's from the 1994-1996 series!!! can't get enough of these!! please write if there is one to sell:-PP

What, what, what!?!? Another Kona collector in our midst? He can't make a statement like that, can he fella's? :shock:

Hehe, just kidding hannes and welcome to the forum! :D Loving the '95 Kilauea!! And agree about the smaller size frame's, have several myself that most would say were too small for me but they just look so damn good! Alot of fun to ride too!..not for any epic long distance ride's mind :wink:

:-DDD
seen a hot ''HOT'' here in stars and stripes... thats ma favourite. felt in love.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:02 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Found this yet mate?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19592

If not, enjoy! 8)

Last edited by Canuck on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm 
Dirt Disciple

redshirt wrote:
nice collection hannes, the sex one looks great, never saw one in anything other than full retro guise before :) it's good to see some people that like small frames. I manage to be quite stretched out on my 16'' cc despite being nearly 6ft. tall, the back wheel doesn't skip around, steers fast and feels comfortable on long rides.
-added- are you searching polands most popular auction site hannes? there have been a few kona's on there lately.

thx so far:-D the sex one is nearly unused so thats one thing for hanging at ma office' wall;-D
with my 1,88m i've always tried to compensate the small frame's (love the look) geometry with long seatpost long stems and a (lockable or hard) shox fork, allthough even that has limitations

the polands site is the bay or a different one?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Canuck wrote:
Found this yet mate?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19592

If not, enjoy! 8)

:shock: :shock:
didn't knew there's a heaven INSIDE the heaven :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 am 
Dirt Disciple

*drools* so many nice kona's
looks like your wall art could use a nice racelight seatpost on it before going up :) I found that I needed a very strong clamp on my post to stop my flite seat slipping where I sit so far back.
the website's name is a word for musical tempo .pl :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am 
Old School Grand Master

Canuck wrote:
hannes1981 wrote:

I wouldn't believe a word this man says...he's all talk but there are pictures of this collection :wink: :wink: :wink:

(Really can't wait to see the fleet!)