The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View

This frame has returned to me after a seven year trip around the Retrobike community. It should never have been forsaken as it was one of a pair that I embarked on my Retrobike journey with. The other being an Overbury’s Pioneer that has never left.

I type this as I sit in Teesside park Tk max, having already visited river island, new look, next and various other modern tortures.

THM February 2022

Well, where do I start? How about with a picture?

Yet to be built but will begin in about 180 hours. Loosely period parts have been amassed and await assembly. Watch this space for more. My first build. The Pioneer was more of a contrived necessity using available parts, albeit expertly carried out with a sublime result. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 3,855
Last edited:
Re: Elgin Marvels - 1988 Alves

Looks nice, I think a non Shimano build would be cool and suit this

Is 531?

Looks like a Saracen conquest from this time

xxnick1975":3vjfv95h said:
Looks nice, I think a non Shimano build would be cool and suit this

Is 531?

Looks like a Saracen conquest from this time

I also suggested a Non shimano build when I suggested this frame to THM when it came up for sale and gave the seller the heads up, that he would be a suitable size candidate for it and indeed he was looking for Quality british steel frame. Little did I Know just how good a deal it was when the seller also had the Overburys tucked away too.... :cool: DOUBLE BUBBLE..... :cool:

At least im good for SUMTHINGS eh THM............PMSL.

I thought Suntour etc would be nice with a cool Rollercam brake, (given that's the brake that was intended for it.)

Never thought,.... but it does look a little Saracen esque of its time doesn't it.... :cool:

Looks like you're going to be disappointed then. Shimano it is. With a few twists. Wait and see..........

The History Man":333mr3i0 said:
Looks like you're going to be disappointed then. Shimano it is. With a few twists. Wait and see..........

Not Really. And nothing Surprises me anymore..... ;)

There's a surprise. Try not to pollute this thread as well. Or I wont give you the pleasure of sharing.

If you can't say anything nice..........

The History Man":zvclo6b0 said:
There's a surprise. Try not to pollute this thread as well. Or I wont give you the pleasure of sharing.

Somewhat confused at that statement, given it was ME that gave YOU the heads up on the frame, when it was posted on the thread.

And you ended up with two. like I said double bubble..... :cool: To be fair I think I would call that help DONT YOU.....lol.

Also, to be fair I don't think trying Desperately to explain to you that you are using the wrong size Axle in your frame should be considered Pollution.

Not given the problems caused by others doing the same thing and then selling it on.

Like I said, when YOU passed YOUR CLEVER comment Thinking you were going to upset me with your build choice. It wont.

As for sharing, that's your choice when you post a thread, not mine im afraid.

The History Man":2g2nrfry said:

I just can't work you two out.... :|

you both butt heads regularly, post rather pointed comments which I have to say
have me in stitches ....but come on I think you secretly rub along like brothers

@Carl
Talk about judging a book by its cover, I never thought you'd give THM the time of day, let a lone a good lead in finding this frame... ;)

@ THM
You do come across as the small Brother, put on this planet to antagonize... but secretly admire him. :!:

But W.T.F do I know ...

Back