1994 GT Psyclone Updated 8-16 New Photos

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
It was suggested that I move my build thread here so, I did...

After years of looking for a Psyclone I finally have one. Bought as a frame set on Ebay I plan to do a proper build with the assistance of RB.

Here is how it appeared last night straight out of the box:

Attachments

• psyclone 5 web.jpg
    psyclone 5 web.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2,077
Re: 1993? GT Psyclone Dream Project

here it is on first, and second, inspection:

Attachments

• psyclone 11 web.jpg
    psyclone 11 web.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,073
  • psyclone 9 web.jpg
    psyclone 9 web.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,079
  • psyclone 4 web.jpg
    psyclone 4 web.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,078
  • psyclone 6 web.jpg
    psyclone 6 web.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 2,076
  • psyclone 12 web.jpg
    psyclone 12 web.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,072
  • psyclone 13 web.jpg
    psyclone 13 web.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,073
Re: 1993 ? GT Psyclone Dream Project

Looks great. Looking forward to this build. I have always loved the Psyclones.

Thanks Neffro I will be building this up slowly as, I have discovered, all the junk in my garage appears to be ROAD BIKE related only so I will have to source the entire build.

steven

Went searching through the Bike Garage looking for some starter parts. I have a few nice items but still lack most of what I need.

1. NOS XT M737 mechs, can't find a date code but possibly too new for the frame?

2. Nice GT branded bullhorns, you either love them or hate them.

3. Three NOS GT water bottles

4. NOS Weinmann Bontrager B2 XC rims

I don't really want to do a NOS build, because of the cost and because I want to ride the bike. Plus I really wanted to do a non-Shimano build. Anyway here are the pics:

Attachments

• psyclone 17 web.jpg
    psyclone 17 web.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,949
  • psyclone 16 web.jpg
    psyclone 16 web.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,949
  • psyclone 15 web.jpg
    psyclone 15 web.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,949
  • psyclone 14 web.jpg
    psyclone 14 web.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,949

I really like that frame, old GT's are really neat bikes. I say use the XT m737 stuff, I use that RD on almost all my MTB's because it just works so well. Good luck with the build.

I really love that frame!! :D

As you have now revealed the decals, I am pretty sure that you have a 1994 model. 1993 models had plain coloured decals, 1995 decals had rugged edges. Your decals show this fire-pattern - similiar to many other 1994 decal styles. In addition, the 1995 model already misses the replacable rear derailleur hanger.

Personally, I don't find the XT 737 visually that appealing. You lovely frame deserves the best and something in shiny silver. Go for XTR 900. You will get decent money for you NOS XT 737 stuff.

This is how you bike will look with XTR 900, black GT Flip Flop III ahead stem, silver post and black saddle. Lovely.... :D

file.php

(C) GM1230126

If you decide to go Non-Shimano, I would opt for a silver Campagnolo group.

By the way: if you ever decide, to let one of those GT bottles go: I would love one!

Rahbari

Thanks for all of the great info.

I agree that this bike deserves XTR and since I am in no hurry I am sure the opportunity will present itself.

First off I need a headset and post, any ideas on what was available in '94? The fork is 1 1/8th threadless and the post is 26.8.

I had 6 of these GT bottles and sold the 3 others for somewhat embarrassingly large amounts...But this is how I finance my projects. Still I am open to trades???

Steven

Latest posts

Back