Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
One design I’ve always wanted in my life was an E-Stay and now I’ve landed one.

Love the Alpinestars design but not a big fan of living in fear of it cracking so it had to be a Bigfoot or an Ozone

B.I.T.D as a 24yr old I raced the Ozone winter series and lusted after one of these, of course I never won or even came close to winning it but never the less I accepted my “taking part” loosers medal with pride…….amd my free t-shirt, Fast forward 20 yrs and I’ve finally got the real deal.

Living where I do I grew up in the shadow of the Malvern hills (home to the factory) and later on I used to pass Graham Foots 1st shop on the way to work every morning, so I feel a little more connected to this frame than my others.

Build wise is going to be a 1993 3DV fest of Anno, I have many parts left over from my ARC build that I want to find a home for so look away if you feel your stomach churning.

As for the purest I appreciate I've already committed a major act of heresy by selling off all the original kit in favour of a more U.S biased build, but given the quality of the Dukes rig and others I though it would make a change to build mine minus Pace forks, Hope Hubs and USE post etc.

I quess we'll have to wait and see if it was an inspired decision or a cardinel sin of biblical proportions

Attachments

• DSCF7858.JPG
    DSCF7858.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 5,239
  • DSCF7856.JPG
    DSCF7856.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 5,236
  • DSCF9786.JPG
    DSCF9786.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 5,239
  • DSCF9785.JPG
    DSCF9785.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 5,240
Re: Ozone (AKA BigFoot) Retro Spuds winter project

I'm not a big fan of purple, but WHAT A CORKER!

Looking forward to this build.

Where did you get the frame? They are not exactly plentiful.

Also, once you get it built, and preferably covered in mud, I know Graham would love to see some pictures.

NeilM":3hq3u8p6 said:
I'm not a big fan of purple, but WHAT A CORKER!

Looking forward to this build.

Where did you get the frame? They are not exactly plentiful.

Also, once you get it built, and preferably covered in mud, I know Graham would love to see some pictures.

Neil

I've a lot of purple left over from my previous build so it was a natural choice and the original set up on this was 3dv anyway and afteral its an early 90's rig, so perhaps it would be rude no to indulge a little.

As for Footy I was in his shop on thursday getting a headset fitted to my Manitou and had a good chat, despite being local and seeing him out and about I haven't spoke to him in decades... really nice guy.

I re-read your thread the other night and very mindfull of the "right mess" you inherited so going to have a good look at what type of BB comes out, thankgod you saved it :D

Love it, personally I feel that some of the British kit & components are overused on british frames. This'll come out good now worries.
Plus I like the fact it's an Ozone & not a Bigfoot, Ozones being rarer it seems. (I have an Oxygen non e-stay frame in my shed)

minor_LEGEND":2jr2tczx said:
Love it, personally I feel that some of the British kit & components are overused on british frames.

I guess that back in the day it made great sence to push the "home grown" theme
afteral there was plenty of choice available for components.

Given there's at least half a dozen top draw Bigfoot builds I thought rather than trying to emulate / compete with them it would make a change to break the mold a little and try something different.... might get flamed a tad in the process but hell its not like I'm going to deck a Klein out with full on Tecktro,

Retro Spud":15fnq4nc said:
but hell its not like I'm going to deck a Klein out with full on Tecktro,
Hmmmm, now there's an idea. :mrgreen:

Each of my bikes has a slightly different theme or feel. I do like to use Britbits on some bikes, but my CATS has almost nothing but Ritchey parts (at least from the waist up), as that is what was originally fitted, so nowt wrong with a few part from the colonies.

Looking forward to seeing this one built, I for one love the way it's going!

I re-read your thread the other night and very mindfull of the "right mess" you inherited so going to have a good look at what type of BB comes out, thankgod you saved it

I sold it to Neil & I inherited it with the BB issue, that I honestly didn't notice till Neil told me :(

When I had it it was decked in 3Dv & looked spot on I thought!
Can't wait for this one & I'd love another

Repeat post sorry

Tc":1zyv19yq said:
I re-read your thread the other night and very mindfull of the "right mess" you inherited so going to have a good look at what type of BB comes out, thankgod you saved it

I sold it to Neil & I inherited it with the BB issue, that I honestly didn't notice till Neil told me :(

No way you could have known TC, with the BB firmly in place.

All fixed now, and the last time Kt took it out she absolutely flew round Ashton Court, leaving the old puffing geezer to struggle on behind on his clearly inferior Roberts DB! :facepalm:

Back