Orange Vit T revisited

stevet1

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Okay I know I know, it gets a bit boring when people change a pair of grips and post it as a new bike but I've changed quite a few things since I first posted this (and won BOTM - maybe I'll have to relinquish it now). Unfortunately the rigid forks have been swapped out for a pair of pace rc36 proclass because I was getting some pain in my wrists. I've modified these forks by shortening the travel to about 60mm to keep the angles nice and tight. Some of the purple has gone, the USE seatpost was replaced by a Ti Syncros and the Hyperlite replaced by a Ti x-lite (finally found one that was a full 23" wide) with a bit more sweep (see wrists again). The cranks have also been swapped for a set of middleburns which I think are more in keeping with the era of the frame and suit the lines better. Add a few purple bolts and an old skool purple Vetta computer and its a very sweet ride. For jez - weighs under 21lbs with those lightweight tyres on :)

yi5a10.jpg

yi5a23.jpg

yi5a27.jpg

How it used to look

y9fxr1.jpg

I really liked the look of it when it was rigid but its slowly evolved. All the changes i've made were to improve the ride, apart from maybe the purple bolts and nipples :LOL:

Looks good.

Think the changes are in keeping with the style of the bike. Plus you've made them because you're actually riding the bike which makes it even cooler :)

Latest posts

Back