Rockshox judy XC giant team addition in SL yellow???

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, first post on a rather cool site :)

Just getting back in to old/retro MTB after being out of it for a fair few years and am re-building my old xc bike I used to race with circa 97-2000

Am collecting parts to mirror what I had BITD and some parts I just couldn't afford back then.

I have just had delliverd after winning a pair of Rockshox judy XC forks from the bay, now im not totally sure of there year 98ish I think, they have a non canti arch but is still removable not molded to lower leg, they are in judy SL yellow and have what seems to be original rockshox stickers at the top of each leg and giant XC special edition 60mm on the bottom of each leg, they are plain in the middle, not the large red stickers like on the later judy's.

Unfortunatly I cant take any pictures till the weekend.

can anybody shed any light on them?
Were they factory fit?

Thanks and look forward to being an active member in the near future :cool:

'95/'96 Judy SL where like that.
1997 brought in the new style one piece leg/brace.
Only the low end had the bolt brace from then on.

Pictures make it easy.
'98 would also have a two part type-III spring setup as default.

I would guess '96

Thanks for the pointers guys, so they may be earlier than I thought, umm that's not so bad.

I have done a strip down on them and they have elastimers in both legs consisting of 3 colours, one leg also has an oil cartridge at the bottom,that's now empty (stuff stinks!)

Want to get them re powder coated, anyone have a souce for OE looking stickers from around 96?

unit3":1w0t2924 said:
Want to get them re powder coated,

I've only ever had mine painted, but a new powder coat will bring them back to :cool:

unit3":1w0t2924 said:
anyone have a souce for OE looking stickers from around 96?

The main source for reproduction decals (that just about everyone one on here uses) is Gil_m however I'll PM you email address and website details

Back