1990 Salsa ala carte, tropical jellybeans

hollister

BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
A bike I've wanted for a very long time. Starting off with a taste of how it ended up

litton-loop-salsa033.jpg

Not how it was when it first showed up... Basically all I kept was the frame, cranks arms, and the fork legs/crown. A pretty solid foundation for a really fun project/bike
DALY0052-1-1.jpg

salsafinished040.jpg

More to come on the bike and build in a bit

I'd helped build a few salsas up, and really started enjoying them, and then another collector let me borrow his for a month of riding and I was hooked. They really do ride awesomely. A little heavy, but the handling is just spot on(remember this picture)

camerawork068.jpg

There were things i liked about it, and some stuff i thought id change. So when a my size ala carte with jellybean paint, and one of the "off" colors to boot, came up for sale.. I jumped on it.

So I went digging through the all the archives I could find
bike22660.jpg

bike92720.jpg

Anyone here sprechen sie deutsch? I still haven't read this, just stared at the pics :oops:

Coleman":1cb8y4br said:
Nice, I just got a pair of Bonty forks for mine, looking forward to some more pics.
The bontrager comp forks and my chosen build presented an interesting problem, given my choice of headset

First, I found some essential bits at a local swap meet

CameraZOOM-20111112192405686.jpg

All gems, but keen eyes will spot something extra special

Is that stem fillet brazed? :cool:

Lovely looking bike. Would love to find some WTB multi mounts but will just have to settle for something else I think!

Latest posts

Back