My first XC event on my old giant

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

As a born again cyclist I am keen to ride as much and as varied routes as possible. I am doing about 100 mile on the road bike a week but now fancy trying my first XC event at Theinsidepark nr Blandford, so looking for some advice, firstly my bike is a 2007 Giant Terrago disc, stock apart from a new Avid rear hydraulic brake.

I know this bike is nothing special (and there are much better bikes available for this event) hopefully I will get a more suitable bike next year some time but the 'kitty' isn't as full as I would like. So what changes to the bike should be on the must do list. The wide-ass saddle has already been replaced :oops: :facepalm:

My first change is going to be some new tyres, any suggestions for some relatively cheap XC tyres, the bike is not used for road use just off road.

P5160116.jpg

Nice to see that dirty dishes won't be tolerated out on the trails ;).

What's the course like? Mud? gravel? well drained? Your existing tyres might be fine in some scenarios.

Regards

Exeter Man":3jyf9wk8 said:
Nice to see that dirty dishes won't be tolerated out on the trails ;).

What's the course like? Mud? gravel? well drained? Your existing tyres might be fine in some scenarios.

Regards

Ha ha, I took the picture when I had just popped down the shops for some WU liquid :facepalm:

I am doing a reccie of the course tomorrow to see whats what

Back