Saracen Trekker Hydrotech....... bin end version?

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Picked this up today, not sure what to expect really as it was a terrible listing but its not too bad.

so........ what can you see different from this trekker hydro to others?, my guess is its a parts bin / year end model

DSCF7482_zpsd8253892.jpg

DSCF7485_zpscbb41873.jpg

DSCF7484_zps64a91fe3.jpg

RBG

I saw that one on Ebay. Glad it's gone to a good home.

Main differences as far as I can see are the 'Emerald Green' forks and black stem. The 91 spec shows an Emerald Green frame with 'Burnt Orange' forks and stem. My frame-set has this catalogue configuration.
The steel framed 'Andes' had the green forks with an orange frame.
I assume yours has a 1.1/4" headset though. I think the Andes had a 1.1/8th" headset...

Do the forks on yours say 'Max Drive' or 'Super Max Drive' on them? The former suggests they were originally from an Andes.

Also looks as though yours has had the mechs upgraded from LX to DX.

Must get mine finished.

Yup, oversize XT 1-1/4 headset = I assume these were used as standard, super max drive forks (tange big fork?) in green as opposed to orange with original decals, a black stem instead of the usual orange, Front and rear mechs are upgraded to DX, as is the chainset in black which tells me these were factory fitted, for those who dont know, saracen liked to fit black chainsets as standard. wheels are the saracen branded wolbers with surprisingly.... XT hubs.

all sounds great, but she needs a good tidy bit of surface rust on the fork blades and some black overspray on the mainframe from the original owners attempt to keep the black bits black :?

DSCF7483_zps735734c4.jpg

RBG

Back