Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Orange prestige,i think!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
I've just won this on eBay which i'm planning to restore,i haven't had it delevired yet but just wanting to know any pointers on how to tell what year it's from or even if it's a prestige. These are the only pics i've got at the min.


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 62.76 KiB | Viewed 816 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 63.58 KiB | Viewed 816 times ]


Last edited by Spanky22b on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Orange prestige
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Birkenhead
V nice - 1992 Orange Prestige, same as mine :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165204

I think the purple/orange looks ace too, quite a rare colour 8)

Clockwork came in the same colour, there are some small differences between the two but yours is identical to mine from what I can see.

Weigh the frame when you get it :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Orange prestige
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Dossa wrote:
V nice - 1992 Orange Prestige, same as mine :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165204

I think the purple/orange looks ace too, quite a rare colour 8)

Clockwork came in the same colour, there are some small differences between the two but yours is identical to mine from what I can see.

Weigh the frame when you get it :wink:


Just been looking at yours,you've done a cracking build the orange and purple looks lovely it really stands out. The seller says it could do with a respray which i'm tempted to do anyway. What sought off weight am i looking for if its a prestige??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Orange prestige
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:11 pm
Posts: 48
Location: South east
Very nice. Good luck with the build!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Orange prestige
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:09 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: Birkenhead
Spanky22b wrote:
Dossa wrote:
V nice - 1992 Orange Prestige, same as mine :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165204

I think the purple/orange looks ace too, quite a rare colour 8)

Clockwork came in the same colour, there are some small differences between the two but yours is identical to mine from what I can see.

Weigh the frame when you get it :wink:


Just been looking at yours,you've done a cracking build the orange and purple looks lovely it really stands out. The seller says it could do with a respray which i'm tempted to do anyway. What sought off weight am i looking for if its a prestige??


Long forgotten the bare frame weight i'm afraid.. :oops:

But have a peak here as well --> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231419&start=15

Give it a good going over with T-Cut/Autoglym/Turtle wax etc then decide if its needs a respray - would be a shame to lose the original colour though..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Orange prestige
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:23 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Staniland wrote:
Very nice. Good luck with the build!



Cheers mate,i'm looking forward to restoring it back to its best again :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Orange prestige
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Dossa wrote:
Spanky22b wrote:
Dossa wrote:
V nice - 1992 Orange Prestige, same as mine :D

Long forgotten the bare frame weight i'm afraid.. :oops:

But have a peak here as well --> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231419&start=15

Give it a good going over with T-Cut/Autoglym/Turtle wax etc then decide if its needs a respray - would be a shame to lose the original colour though..


Cheers for that link,I'm hoping it doesn't need a respray and all it needs is a clean and some replacement stickers :)

Here's a couple more pics


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 55.11 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 81.7 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:43 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:34 pm
Posts: 162
Ah!!!

So it was you that outbid me?

I'd set a ceiling price and decided to stick to my guns. sorry I did.

Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this one with interest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1249
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
SpaceFlightOrange wrote:
Ah!!!

So it was you that outbid me?

I'd set a ceiling price and decided to stick to my guns. sorry I did.

Good luck with the build, I'll be watching this one with interest


Yeah it was me mate,i've been after an early orange to add to my collection for a while now. I'm just hoping its got paint on the other side of the frame :lol: saying the only pictures were of the right hand side :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:34 pm
Posts: 162
Spanky22b wrote:

Yeah it was me mate,i've been after an early orange to add to my collection for a while now. I'm just hoping its got paint on the other side of the frame :lol: saying the only pictures were of the right hand side :)


It was ideal for me as I don't live too far away and could have collected. Oh well.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe it was that side that had the re-spray. The visible side looked fine


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aurell, Baulz, mattbrown, Mk1 Geoff, sztopi17 and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group