Offroad Proflex 950

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After missing my old 852 quite a bit I really had to bite Trebz hand off for this 950 when he offered it to me for a very good price.

Its way off catalogue spec but rides fantastically now I've changed the rear elastomer back to a proper Proflex one.

The rigid forks are long gone having been replaced by some Scott Extrashocks (Air/Oil) which appear to be a rebranded Marzoochi.
The forks combined with the original flexstem give a super comfy ride!

I may eventually change the stx bits to Dx or Xt but for now its staying as is.

More pics when I ride it in the daylight, these were taken by Spudly on our night ride yesterday.

Can anyone confirm the year for me? I assumed the last digit in the model number was the year but Ive been told this a 1991?

1991 :cool:

of27_zps819a3791.jpg

Cool looking bike, that second pic with all the exposure looks like you just landed that puppy on the moon. I like the STX bits but the STX cranks are kinda heavy.

No volcanoes and no moon landings I'm afraid its just a disused quarry in the dark :LOL:

I do like that, nice early pro~flex. IF we get a cold and dry winter with compacted ground, this machine should come into it's own.

Just a period chainset and you're there, LX550 or DX.

nice. :cool:

I've got M550, Dx or M730 Xt to fit Marc but everything works so nicely I can't be bothered :LOL:

It wont be coming out until dry weather now its polished and hybernating now, plus the Splashbacks are crap in the wet.

Yes, i can't argue with that. If it works then leave be!

Something easy to wash and put away for sunday's ride eh, chris? Clocks go back n all, last of the summer GMT rides.

cheers.

Latest posts

Back