nishiki e-stay.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
just taken delivery of this frame & fork.
feeling very excited about this build. never ridden an e-stay bike before.
no plans to repaint, just build & ride.
just waiting for the donor parts from a bike i bought off ebay.
all being well i should be able to build it this weekend.
anyone with any idea of what year / model it is ?

Attachments

• IMG_5539.JPG
    IMG_5539.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,258
Essays are great fun

That's the one I tried to buy , he wouldn't ship it up here
Do it justice mate , looking forward to seeing it rolling

Mike

What is the frame number on this one...? I wonder if it is a Giant made frame or a Kawamura made frame.

Im struggling to remember if the Gusset to the front is factory or whether or not its been repaired. Also Black?

It was a long time ago... :oops:

I love these especially in the lime green. They are throughly great bikes to own and ride they ride even better than the cro - mega. Looks to be a1992, what groupset you having on it?

Nice frame! Very familiar sold mine a month ago to a retrobike member. He only needed it for the parts full dx/xt gruppo. Was trying to find the link between the rose decal and Nishiki.. But no luck the only thing i could find was that Rose is the importer of Nishiki in Germany. The gusset is factory spec.

maverick":1ibxdd52 said:
I love these especially in the lime green. They are throughly great bikes to own and ride they ride even better than the cro - mega. Looks to be a1992, what groupset you having on it?

Ah the Fabled "ALIEN"...................... :cool:

Box section tubing And Neon GREEN.............very cool e-stay.... :cool:

Sadly this is not one of those.

dalecooper":26i8r8fl said:
Nice frame! Very familiar sold mine a month ago to a retrobike member. He only needed it for the parts full dx/xt gruppo. Was trying to find the link between the rose decal and Nishiki.. But no luck the only thing i could find was that Rose is the importer of Nishiki in Germany. The gusset is factory spec.

Im sure its the same frame you had to be fair.

And im not so sure about the Factory gusset either.
These were Notorious for head tube cracks, which leaves me with suspicions. Raleigh also had a deal along the line somewhere, using the round tubes, as opposed to the box section tubes.

The Green Nishiki Alien, Whilst different to the Earlier Alien with the cro-mo bolt on rear section, still has a cult following.

Just cool bikes Period.... :cool:

Yeah, if it's not the same frame it certainly looks very similar...

...welding at head tube doesn't look as neat as that at the seat tube so yes, possible repair?

Nice looking frame though, should be a nice bike when built; if it goes anything like my blue one you're gonna love it :cool:

Back