M500 Cannondale... Gulf Blue & Orange'ish... Nearly done

Will Palmer

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, here she is! Bought on here a few months ago and well on it's way to being finished!!

M737/8/9, XT Thumbies, Dia-Compe SS7/987, Mag21 SL Ti's, Topline, Ringle, USE

Few more things to do - some bolts to replace, some bar-ends to fit and a new set of wheels (M737/8 on black rims with black spokes) to be built but it looks like a bike now than it has since I got it :)

There's a set of Mag21 Legs and a set of Rigid forks on their way to the sprayers shortly to take on the lovely green/blue of the frame

I was thinkiing about bar-ends. Would getting a set sprayed the same colour as the frame with orange decals (Onza) be too much, or would plain black or silver look better.

Comments/advice/Suggestions on finishing touches welcomed! :)

Thanks for Looking
Will

Attachments

• M500_RearMech.jpg
    M500_RearMech.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 2,801
  • M500_Chainset.jpg
    M500_Chainset.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,801
  • M500_Bars.jpg
    M500_Bars.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,801
  • M500_001.jpg
    M500_001.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 2,801
More...

Attachments

• M500_Forks.jpg
    M500_Forks.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,795
  • M500_RearCantis.jpg
    M500_RearCantis.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 2,795
  • M500_Seatpost.jpg
    M500_Seatpost.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,795
The frames a 1994 (force40 and canti hanger with aheadset). I bought the Rear (M737) new in very early '95 :) and the front (M739) came in around '96 I believe.

My general rule of thumb is that I can fit anything dating from within 3yrs after the frame was built - it's not a hard and fast rule though....

Colour looks ace! Did you say you were getting the Mag21SLTi colour coded? Or some other forks?
Would be nice if you could pick out the orange somewhere - maybe orange barends - I think blue would be a step too far!
4 thumbs up! :LOL: :cool:

Can't take credit for the colour choice, DiscoDrive sold it with that scheme - although it was the colour that made me want the frame so badly :)

Corduroyboy":33p8k29e said:
Did you say you were getting the Mag21SLTi colour coded? Or some other forks?
I've sent of a set of standard Mag21 lowers and a set of rigid forks to be matched to the frame - don't wanna paint the SL Ti's. I understand the actual lowers themselves are the same on Ti and non-Ti models - if not, it's still worth it to retain the shiny ones in stock :)

Corduroyboy":33p8k29e said:
Would be nice if you could pick out the orange somewhere - maybe orange barends - I think blue would be a step too far!
Orange bar-ends sound pretty cool actually - I've managed (after many B&Q visits) to find a paint swatch to match the decals which means I can send a sample to the painter :)

I wanted to Orange anodise the 987s but cast ally gives an unreliable finish and I couldn't find anyone to do orange anodising in any case :(. If I could find an anodiser that did a nice, rich orange I'd have the 987's off there like a shot and replaced with some Paul's, Graftons or similar machined jobbies as soon as I could afford :D:D

MadCowKev":1w8giip1 said:
You using those forks I sent you?
They're off to be painted this week (if I get to the PO) along with another set from Kingroon. The forks both curved but have quite different profiles and I can't decide which looks better. So for the relatively small expense of spraying them both I'm hedging my bets on the rigid option for now :D:D LOL!

Am lovin' it :cool:

Think it'll look better with the rigid forks though.

Back