Single speed Klein Attitude

attitude91

Retro Newbie
Here's my Klein i've been building over the last few years. The plan was it to be as light as possible and i'm well happy with the results, just under 14 pounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,393
  • DSC04579.jpg
    DSC04579.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 1,392
  • DSC04582.jpg
    DSC04582.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 1,392
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 1,392
A stunning bike and a seriously impressive weight, but I'd have to go with some fatter rubber from a looks perspective.

That is silly light. It basically looks like a road bike at this point. haha. I would throw some rocket rons on there, they dont weigh that much and then itll still look like a MTB :)

Wow that is crazy light, how did you achieve it..??

Mine is almost 20pounds, with very light parts..
bikes_1.jpg

When I was sourcing the parts I was purely looking from a weight perspective. Now it's finished I need to change the tyres as you say they're only good for the road at the moment. I should have weighed each part before fitting but didn't so don't know what the big differences would be. Probably the loss of gears is the main one.

Never seen a bike rack for a motorbike before, that's cool.

I have some Maxxlite 310s that are super light (about 310g) and work OK for light off road. I bet a pair of those wouldn't put the weight of the bike up by much more than half a pound.

(not for sale, btw)

Is that a weight with pedals?

I'm struggling to break the 16lb barrier with a build centered around a frame weighing 1020g.

Re the 310's ...... They make good road tyres when used as a pair. If you want them for anything more than light offroad think about a different front tyre .... unless you really don't like your teeth ..... ;)

Weight weenie supremeo TinTin40 has a similar weight geared bike (Trimble) and IIRC is running 1.7'' Geax Gato(?) tyres - circa 400g.

attitude91":2qk3mkq6 said:
Here's my Klein ...
wow! 13.13 is really incredible.

Can you please list the parts (BB, hubs, rims, brakes and the levers) ...thanks :D

Back