1996 FAT CHANCE Titanium #TFML008

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I never realised I had a Unicorn until I finished [Stage One of] this Project..

I always loved FAT CITY CYCLES; their Bikes, their Personality and the Have Fun vibe they conveyed to me, and since the first review in MBUK I knew I would have to have one.. Some Day.. The FAT CHANCE Titanium was it for me, the blend of the FAT CITY approach and the Magic Metal surely would be the pinnacle; their ultimate ride.. I wouldn't say I have been actively hunting one down all these years, but I knew that when I saw [an ML] one for sale, that I'd be a Fool to let it pass me by..

The Purchase didn't go so well [an undisclosed Ding], and there have been a coupla Speed Bumps along the way, but I guess Good Things Come to Those Who Persevere.. Or something like that anyways ;)

I knew the Build I wanted to emmulate, and whilst my FAT Ti was a '96 frame, it was one of the very few NY Wishbone design frames; chances are the tubes were shipped from MA as the Frame Serial is also the MA configuration.. This is the photo that started it all for me:

9606376725_d30d2f827e_b_d.jpg

I enjoy a good Parts Hunt: Nuke Proof, Syncros, Gravity Research, Campagnolo.. Not a staple FAT Diet :twisted: The Build is not finished as I am waiting on some Igleheart Segmented Forks, but for now, this Rig is Ready to Roll.. And it Rides so Sweet..

9542854355_5123db7dc3_c_d.jpg

9545638870_1b83c04f54_m_d.jpg
9542847377_5a42f7dd7c_m_d.jpg
9542845065_13520da2ef_m_d.jpg
9545626078_032d11ff15_m_d.jpg

9542817223_0daa43a14a_c_d.jpg

9542850977_eb5cef4ed0_c_d.jpg

Thanks to Gil_M for sorting me with replacement Decals, they work perfect.. The HeadTube Decal is the original one, so great to have that Masthead..

Specification
Fuselage
Frame: 1996 NY FAT CHANCE Titanium TFML008
Fork: Rock Shox SID
Headset: King No Logo NoThreadset

Cockpit
Stem: Salsa
Handlebar: Nuke Proof
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Clamp: FAT

Drivetrain
Syncros Revolution Crankset
Syncros BB
Shimano M900 XTR

Anchors
Shimano M900 XTR

Hoops
Nuke Proof BombProof Hubs
Campagnolo Stheno
Sapim DB Spoking
Critical [F] & Ringle Camtwist [R] QR
Panaracer Dart & Smoke Folding Repro Issue

Very Very Nice :cool:

I'm not sure what's scarier though the value of the bike or the height of that seatpost (5'9" in my padded socks :LOL:)

Archemist":3e7l1b2c said:
..the height of that seatpost..

It was about half to one inch too high for me! That helped on the road section back to the CarPak yesterday tho; smoked a Roadie on the way :cool:

Back