Green on Gold ~ 1992 Explosif

Rally_cat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've had most of this stuff kicking around for some time, some taken from my other Explosif build that I killed a couple years ago. I initially didn't think the color combination would work but I started throwing some parts at it and started to like it. So here we have it.
Forgive the uncut brake cable (I have to wait until levers are sorted). :facepalm:

To do list:

Change shifters.
Install Kona chainstay protector.

Specs:

Frame: 1992 Kona Explosif

Fork: Project Two

Headset: Impact
Stem: Velocity
Handlebar: Race Face
Grips: Yeti

Brakes: Onza HO
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: Speed Metal
Brake Levers: Paul

Shifters: M750 XT (to be changed)
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR outfitted with Speed Metal kit
Rear Derailleur: M900 XTR outfitted with Speed Metal kit
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: M900 XTR
Chain: HG91
Cranks: M750 XT
Crank Bolts: SRP
Chainrings: Real/Kooka
Chainring bolts: SRP
Bottom Bracket: Kooka
Pedals: XT

Hub Skewers: Ringle
Rims: Mavic M231
Hubs: DT Swiss
Tires: Michelin Wildgripper Lite

Saddle: Concor
Seatpost: Thomson
Seatpost Binder: Ringle

Weight: 23.6 lbs.

Looks good :cool:. Loving the little touches like the mech adjuster screws, and what canti hangers are those please?

Cheers! The rear is Speed Metal, same kit on the brakes and derailleurs. I have another hanger but I can't figure it out, here it is.

Rally_cat":2h9053x4 said:
I have another hanger but I can't figure it out,

Looks like your straddle wire sits in the bottom, horizontal groove, then the brake cable is held in the groove that curves around from top to the right of the pic?
Nice build. Finish it!

That was my best guess too. It pulls to one side due to the offset of the clamped cable that way. And thanks, yeah I was second highest bidder on some nos green love levers. Thought I was going to have that one but that's the way it goes. Still searching.

Thanks for the info on those bits, stuff I already have though.
What do you guys think of turning this into a rasta build? I'm afraid I'm not much good at pulling off builds so I'd appreciate input, good or bad.

Finally figured this little guy out. Not much left to do but sort out the XTR shift pods and collect a little more green and red.

Back