Peugeot Montana my new project!!

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
All my projects have stopped due to getting this. This go's under the "my parents wouldn't buy me one as a kid " category. This could be a quick build because pay days looming and i cannot wait to ride it. This will be a catalogue build so anyone with some XT 6 speed parts and want to sell them on send me a pm. So far all i need is the mechs 6 speed shifters and some bear traps,then its just a stem which i think was a sakae might be wrong though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,126
Retro Spud":gcb9coec said:
Chuff that frame looks in great condition for its age

how old is it, 1988 era

Aye it's from 1988 one of my favourite years for mtb's.

The frames in really good condition just a tiny bit of rust on the drive side chain stay,which shouldn't be a problem to clean up. The components just need a good bit of elbow grease and they'll be shiny again. I got it from Chris667 on here so a big thank you goes to him for selling me it with all those parts :D

Encountered my first problem today,anyone know what size stem it takes?? I've just tried a 1" stem and it just won't fit,i tried with the shim and without so it was just the tube and it won't go in,its got the original headset.

Spanky22b":1lwip06m said:
Encountered my first problem today,anyone know what size stem it takes?? I've just tried a 1" stem and it just won't fit,i tried with the shim and without so it was just the tube and it won't go in,its got the original headset.

Just spoke to the lad i got it off and he says 1",think a bit of persuasion is needed :D

jaypee":37oeel2x said:
Lots here about strange stem size from same era, might be of use
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=267799

I'm reluctant to split the technium but your on the listif I do.

That makes sense now,coz Chris667 who i got it off told me it was an 80's 1" stem needed not a 90's 1" stem which i using. Problem solved cheers jaypee :) oh and no need to split your bike i've managed to get some shifters,cheers for the offer though.

Back