Help with slime green Orange Clockwork

Davidfish1212

Retro Newbie
Hi All, great site, hope someone can help me track down some info on my bike. I'd love to know when it was built and what bits on it are original and what's been added over time. The frame number is A707004003. The bike is in great nick with only a couple of rubs to the paint, its missing part of the F14 decal on one side ( can I buy paint to match in on the rubs? ) All I have done since getting it, other than ride it, is new tyres to replace the Velocirapter ones that both split first time out, and a chepo saddle to replace the split huge one that was on it. I would ideally like to replace the saddle with an Orange one ( anyone got one for sale please? ) also, IF ( dont know if I want to spoil the ride ) I want to put some suspension on the front, any suggestions?

Cheers in advance for any help you could give me, D

Attachments

• DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 736
  • DSC00184.JPG
    DSC00184.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 737
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC00176.JPG
    DSC00176.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC00182.JPG
    DSC00182.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 736
Well, its a 19" 1998 Clockwork - looks nice to me :D

To address a couple of your points, if you want a nice saddle I'd go for a Flite but if you want a cheaper one then a Charge Spoon one are pretty popular for about £20. Put an ad out for an Orange saddle in the 'Wanted' section of the forum if needs be, sure someone'll have one for sale sooner or later.

Tyres, I'm a sucker for amberwalls so Charge to the rescue again although I appreciate you've just bought a new pair.... but Splashback tyres on ebay for £9.99 each delivered which is a bargain (I've just got some!) - size 1.8 would suit your bike IMO.

Forks, keep the originals or if you want some bounce - Pace RC36 would your best best, 100mm travel max probably. Think yours will be 1 1/8" for a '98 as opposed to 1" previously, but someone will confirm. I'm no expert.

Perhaps a low riser bar (Orange Supercross) and ditch the bar ends as well? Raise the seatpost up so looks better proportioned unless its a touch too big for you? SPDs, too?

But it's all upto you of course...... ;)

^ on top of top advice - take some time to view Matty's (dossa) excellent orange builds on here :cool:

also boyburnings and edd (brocklanders) orange builds if you want divine inspiration :cool:

Think yours is a July 07 built frame from number but i'm sure a guru will be along presently...

orange n pace = duck n water
And :)

Thanks for the info and ideas, Dossa, the bar ends are definitely going and low riser sounds like a plan. Think I'm going to stick with F14 forks for just now, 'wanted' add for an Orange saddle going in later! The tyres, I'm kinda with you on the amber walls, the velociraptors were 2.1, the Maxxis are 2.25 and are a bit too chunky, but I got the pair for F all,off a friend who has moe money than sense and changed to 29's after buying them.
Archemist, July 07 frame, thanks for that, it's just nice to know these things....I love this bike. Does anyone know if I could buy a paint match for the 2 bits that are rubbed to bare metal?
Thanks again for all the input, ideas and info.

Cheers, D

Azaro, cheers for letting me know, I'm going to hang out for an Orange one..... But not for ever if one doesn't come along and you've still got yours ill give you a shout, cheers, D

Back