Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm 
Retro Guru

:lol: Thanks Mike, yup they were on nigel to see if the yellow would work with the decals, unfortunately it didn't , along with the year of manufacture being too new really for nigel, I think they suit and work better on moo moo anyway :)

yeti-man thanks dude , appreciated :)

kermitgreenkona88 cheered me up a little , thanks man :lol:

michael franks thanks for the comments , she IS actually my favorite rider, I've travelled quite a lot with this bike over the years , its seen its fair share of action, I know its nothing fancy like the fats/kleins and suchlike, but she's a hoot to ride and dont think I'll ever sell her.

The sram mech was fairly straightforward to take apart , I took lots of step by step pictures to help with the reassemble , I'm currently just letting the paint harden (even though its been baked) then I shall reassemble and attempt a fit to moo moo, the white and black will work spot on with the current colour scheme.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:19 pm 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

Hi Ian ,
Did you self bake your mech when Mrs Universe was out towing broken down cars back home ! :lol: what temp and for how long mate ? And did you also bake a nice PIE too ? Mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:41 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi mike :D :lol: no pie but yes I baked a lovely rhubarb crumble :) I had to drop the heat down a little for the bike parts however , I find 160 for about 30 minutes gives the best results :)

And Mrs U was actually at home at the time but I'd made sure she had plenty of wine down her before I suggested 'cooking' bike parts :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:37 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

How about painting the underside of the BB pink for some udders? Nice!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:46 pm 
Retro Guru

She has actually got a pink underside :wink:

But she does need some udders painting in :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

What type of paint did you use for the parts you baked? The finish looks excellent. Really enjoying this thread and looking forward to seeing the end result complete with ride review :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:26 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi Michael , thanks , the paint used was a satin White made up from the local car body parts place , nothing flash .

The key to the finish is getting the priming coat super flat and dirt and dust free, and then applying plenty of thin coats of colour, flating the paint back each time. :)

I can tell you it rides superbly ;)

More to come :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 pm 
Retro Guru

Nearly there , really pleased with how she's looking :)

Had a quick spin out on her this morning and she feels fantastic with the new wheels on :) , I'd forgot how nice she really is in off road mode :)

I've really enjoyed getting back into my bikes again, time and work permitting I'm going to take her for a good thrash off road at the weekend and I'll post some pictures up :)

hopefully you guys like the rebuild :) , I certainly think she looks miles better with the new cranks and the few tweeks I've made.

I'll post some finished photos up when I've rebuilt the restored sram rear mech and fitted it, but for now here's a photos of how she stands :) , apologies for the dirt on her , I know she's a dirty cow..

Enjoy :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:25 pm 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

Nice work Uni ,
is that rear mech held together entirely with e clips ? Looks really good . Especially like the pic of the stem in the oven ! But WHERE'S THE PIE/CRUMBLE ? ! :lol:
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:50 pm 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC

Love it great work, get plenty of pics of it out on the trails!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next