The Fleet

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Doing a bit of a garage sort out this morning so thought I'd picture up the current fleet.

The Steel Classic
main.php

The Carbon not quite finished
main.php

The Ti favourite
main.php

The Kiddie cruiser
main.php

The Modern'ish
main.php

the retro road
main.php

Nice cross section of makes, models and frame materials :cool:

Kona chain looks like its crying out for a drop of oil though! :LOL:

Kona chain looks like its crying out for a drop of oil though!

indeed, just given her a service in preparation for HONC and she looks much healthier...

They will soon be joined by a 92 klein rascal I have got on the way!!!

Hilts":38lbgcmf said:
Kona chain looks like its crying out for a drop of oil though!

indeed, just given her a service in preparation for HONC and she looks much healthier...

Good ;) Nice Specialized bottle cage on the Kona too.

Great to see all the rides in the same thread, a great collection :cool:

Just love that Lemond.. Such clean lines..

And you know how I feel about those Superlights :twisted:

The Santa Cruz will look a lot better when I get those mickey mouse tyres off... really good mud tyres (great for Kent clay) but those red stripes look ridiculous..

It's an Alpinestars CTM 400 from 2001 I think.

I've never seen another one and I found it on ebay by chance. There seems to have been a few Alpinestars bikes sold in Europe (Spain mostly) that didn't get anywhere else. I know very little about them except what I could make out from this website which use to sell them..

http://www.bikezona.com/bicicletas/todo ... sp?id=3742

Apart from sharing the name i am not sure if they are anything to do with the original Alpinestars MTB brand.
I tried to get an idea for the build from the pics on the site above but it's currently a bit of a dogs dinner as i couldn't be bothered to spend too much on it (I was doing the Lemond at the time) , hope to get it working though as it's incredibly light and quite cool looking I think..

Back