My 1996 WTB Titanium Phoenix

patineto

Retro Guru
Maybe the most wonderful bike I have ever own, well close to the Yo eddy's..

IMG_0308-M.jpg

I build the bike with a XTR M950 gruppo, even the hubs are XTR 950, except for the cranks that are M900 and the King mango headset, Mavic 517 (not so period but pretty) lace with DB spokes and red aluminum nipples.
IMG_0293-M.jpg

Originally running on a Halson fork, but currently running on a Lawill leader fork..
IMG_0314-M.jpg

The Handle bar is a prototype from "el camino fabrications" from Berkeley California (now in Portland Oregon)
tioga%20015-M.jpg

The Lawill fork.
Cara%20%26%20Lauren%20at%20the%20beach%20010-L.jpg

Many more pictures here.
http://patineto.smugmug.com/Bicycles/Ri ... ;k=7Sm4JFj

I hope you guys and gals like it

Sweet bike. The bar/stem looks like the result of a Dekerf Ti bar/stem and a Ti Groovy Luv Handle smashing into each other head on at high speed (in a good way) :cool:

Beautiful bike, I thought all the Internet stories were over rating them until I got a Phoenix.
Case closed they are wonderfully made and ride so well. Erm can't say the same for my kleins and yeti's
Great bike

clockd":1bm3mm7o said:
Beautiful bike, I thought all the Internet stories were over rating them until I got a Phoenix.
They are all truth, this frames ride amazing and I don't think is just the titanium, the steel ones are really nice too..

Case closed they are wonderfully made and ride so well. Erm can't say the same for my kleins and yeti's
Great bike

Tell me about it, I have nine Klein's no Yeti's and often wonder why I have so many, good investment I guess..

That's a bit of kit! :cool: looks even better with the Halsons.

al.

al":222ovo0i said:
That's a bit of kit! :cool:
Thanks it was fun to build..
looks even better with the Halsons.

al.

Halson's are amazing forks, way ahead of their time for sure, but I still like the Lawill action better even if it mess with the head angle geometry a little to much..

Back