Cannondale cad2 m300 project

Ronk

Dirt Disciple
I've recently acquired a cannondale cad2 m300 1996 i think.Its an 18 inch frame and its in poor condition from the paint down to the components. I picked it up off Gumtree for £25 which i was delighted with. I'm going to go right over it and get it good again. it really need a paint job I think id have trouble finding the same paint its kind of pearlescent.

It has a mix up if stx and deore on it, the v brakes are not standard I've got some nice canti's to go back on and a few other deore bits like dérailleurs and thumb shifters. The last picture is from after I buffed if down and touched up the paint it looks ok now but will look into new paint over the winter.

ej9o.jpg

rmo9.jpg

lbcw.jpg

4u3r.jpg

wr97.jpg

qeh2.jpg

[imghttp://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4929/sesj.jpg][/img]

Ok I've been working on the Cannondale over the last few months and have changed the image of it. I hope people on here will approve as I've took the cad2 m300 identity away and re-built it to a bike which I have always admired and wanted. It still has the 1996 frame and forks so I hope its ok to stay in this section. some of the parts are also post 1996. I completely stripped the frame down applied primer, base coat, decals then lacquer. I may have taken its original identity but I see it that a have saved a very nice light frame from the scrap pile and customised it to exactly what I had in mind.
I'm very happy with the paint, I just need a few more bits like a different stem and front mech. Most of the bits were bought from here shifters and brakes etc. I put panaracer smoke and dart on.

0wjt.jpg

7gae.jpg

fdn2.jpg

eaym.jpg

z9ww.jpg

y9tu.jpg

dg8y.jpg

v44q.jpg

rgow.jpg

uaxl.jpg

7ut2.jpg

Great job mate , i love to see that mix of old n new :D what is the chainset ?

Cheers Paul

Thanks guys. The chainset is a sugino it's in good condition but have been looking out for a better one.

Can you tell me what colour blue you used please ? Looks like a perfect match for my 88 dale that needs a respray.

ta

The paint is actually genie blue you know the scissor lifts and cherry pickers the paint Code is 1484, or google genie blue and something will come up. I work with access platforms and had some blue paint spare and new it was a very close match to the original cannondale blue.

Cool cheers mate. :D

Ronk":1g4ymdsa said:
The paint is actually genie blue you know the scissor lifts and cherry pickers the paint Code is 1484, or google genie blue and something will come up. I work with access platforms and had some blue paint spare and new it was a very close match to the original cannondale blue.

Back