A DeKerf with a past.

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have just done a bit of horse trading which has left me in the fortunate position of owning a 1994 DeKerf Mountain frame with P2 forks.

This poor soul has passed through a couple of pairs of hands, without making it back onto two wheels, and now it has found it's way to me.

I'm still formulating a build, and I have not yet dismissed the possibility of a repaint, at which time I'd get the cable guides sorted too, but that may wait for a winter rebuild as I'd rather like to ride it sooner rather than later.

Anyway, while I figure out what components to use in the build, here are a couple of photo's.

DSC_0549_zpsd0015389.jpg

DSC_0552_zps625c71a8.jpg

DSC_0550_zps74503b24.jpg

DSC_0553_zpsf2ca732d.jpg

Looks nice mate.

Lovely looking piece of kit and the British racing green colour is very nice...

How many is that now? :D

loverly neil, and in the rather nice green that dekerf,s come in. am just wondering how to get you to put some 93 xt on it and not cover it with . if i ever build another mountain bike that is one that would be high on my list

whats up with the cable guides neil ?

Geo: Erm, that's now more than five, and less than ten... mtb's. :mrgreen:

Oh and there's some phrase about glass houses and black bottoms. ;)

Matt: Apparently the cable guides should be at 2, 3 and 4 O'clock and mine are at 3, 4, and 5 O'clock. but to be honest, looking at them they are really well placed in that the cables don't hang down onto the paint.

As for the build, I have some M900 bits'nbobs that just came off the White Spider, so I may well do a quick build with that, rather than do yet another nice reliable and robust SRAM build. :mrgreen: It'll still have grip shift though, as I like it, and have done since 1993.

Dunno about the steerer, it is what it is, unless someone has some nice DeKerf forks they want to part with.....anyone?... no? I thought not. :roll:

Thanks Matt.

I may have this all twisted you know.

I've just looked in the archive and if the guides are out, it's not by much.

Anyway, how does an M900 initial build sound?

Cannot see the problem with the stops, might have just been a request or something. Leave as is, they work.
colour looks good and in very good condition again leave as is and ride.
...if I had it that is.

M900 XTR qood be a good choice. (as always)
Silver post and stem, black bars, black seat.

Look like P2's why would they have threads? Look to me like they've been used with a Syncros stem as well.

Get it build.

Back