Pace RC200 F3 (Build and Q/A's)

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well I've taken the plunge to get rid of my Alu-O as I need to rebuild it and while it is ok, it's not quite me.
So I need another Alu frame to take on Wintery Wet weather runabout duties.
What better than a Pace.

No pictures yet as it's been pissing it down and I've not really look at it in great detail.

But it's a non-standard serial number (just numbers) it must be an F3 (no idea what year these where '93 or '94 at a guess.
Been doing a bit of reading and routing around as I don't really know Pace other than I didn't much car for them BitD.
So thought why not and I'll learn about them some more as I go.

So it's either 18 or 19" depends how they measured, not too clear in the few catalogues on the site.
1" with ~145mm steerer tube, which means steerers are going to be a bugger
29.4 seatpost I guess.

It's history on the site starts seme 6 years ago and a member on here from Leeds bought the frame..
It started out red, has been shot peened (be that just chemical etched or actually I don't know)
but Pace did the etching and Argos did the respray.
That be coming off. (checked for crack, nowt so far in the bb area)
I'll probably get it powder coated.
Matt black is probably cheap and possibly look good. I'll have a look, either that or a nice deep pastel yellow colour. I dunno.

Few questions,
- anyone know if they were recoded if Pace did anything to them? Still it doesn't look like it has ?
- did the F3 have asymmetric stays like the F6 and so going to have to re-dish a wheel set just for this ?
- why is there nothing in the Archive or catalog section on F3's ?
- What year where they ?
- What A2C where they designed around. My guess is 390 rigid, 405/410 suspension going by their forks at my estimated years.

Mines an f3 had it at BDW all those years ago , a 19"
Needs a zero dish wheel

It also has no serial numbers for some reason

Mike

FluffyChicken":2mtmls8p said:
Well I've taken the plunge

Few questions,
- anyone know if they were recoded if Pace did anything to them? Still it doesn't look like it has ?

>> Not sure if they did, seems strange to have a non standard S/N though

- did the F3 have asymmetric stays like the F6 and so going to have to re-dish a wheel set just for this?

>> Go with Mike on this one, zero dishing

- What year where they ?

>> 1994

- What A2C where they designed around. My guess is 390 rigid, 405/410 suspension going by their forks at my estimated years.

>> Sorry, no idea with this

Few questions,
??
- did the F3 have asymmetric stays like the F6 and so going to have to re-dish a wheel set just for this ?
mines running normal wheel dish
- why is there nothing in the Archive or catalog section on F3's ?
needs addressing
- What year where they ?
correct, but mines running the mxd's for a full 65mm of travel!!!(iirc)

oh, will look for steerers later, been uber busy trying to gt daisy settled in this heat!

You can't really go far wrong with a Pace :) I run a normal dish rear wheel in my F6, seems to be just fine :?

Get some pics up :)

Thanks all :)
Bit more paint stripping on the joints the colour choice and off to the coaters. This one is easier than my others, lol.

I can put RockShox on it can't I ?

Been told (and the F6 info says) not to shim it, there goes one idea then.
Guess a £8 inline seatpost from CRC in silver will do the job nicely then.

No and no.
I finished stripping the bb area and seatube/stay area which AFAIK is where cracks happen.

The rest will need blasting off however they do it. It's already got blast mark all over it from its aged Argos paint makeover.
So it's ready to go, unless I need to do some prep for them (never had anything done before, all new to me)

I fancy a blue bike, possibly a deep blue of some sort.

A deep blue sounds good. I doubt you need to do any more prep as the places I've used do all that before they powdercoat.

I think my next frame is probably going to Yorvik - should be the R20 frame once I've stripped it, cold set and decided on forks, though could be the single speed if vinyl coating goes badly.

Have you decided on forks? Will you be getting them powdercoated to match or do you need a complementary colour?

Back