Muddy Fox Rock 'n' Roll Alu Xtr

itscervo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Decided to buy this "very rare to find" Rock 'n' Roll when looking for a project that was a bit different. I can't find any reference to it on the Internet, so that must mean its extra rare :shock: . Now I know there's a reason for this, 1) is it a one off prototype or 2) its the only one that they managed to sell & so they remove all reference to it in an attempt to deny it ever existed.

When I bought it had been pillaged of all its Xtr M900 components, the paintwork & decals hadn't survived unscathed over the many years in storage. So the plan was to strip the paint, polish it & garnish it with Xtr M95x series components, with a Middleburn RS2 crank due to the oddball bb shell meaning square taper was the only option.

Frame: Rock 'n' Roll Alu XTR Twinshock
Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Super Fly
Headset: FSA
Stem: Amoeba Handwork
Handlebar: Syncros
Brakes: XTR M95X series
Brake Pads: XTR
Brake Cables: XTR
Brake Levers: XTR sti
Front Derailleur: XTR
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Derailleur Cables: XTR
Cassette: XTR
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Middleburn RS2
Crank Bolts: Middleburn
Chainrings: FSA
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: YST
Pedals: Shimano SPD
Hub Skewers: Quando
Rims: Araya
Hubs: Pulstar
Tyres: Ritchey Racing K Force
Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: System X
Seatpost Clamp: Hope

Thanks for looking,
Allan.

Is it elastomer at the rear shock? See my sig. You and I have rare bikes apparently

I think any Muddy Fox from the 90's is rare because they weren't :cool: anymore :LOL: .

Mine has the lowly elastomers at the rear which only moves about an inch. I also have one of its younger brothers, a Rock 'n' Roll Ultimate, but I can't find any info on that either :roll: .

iscervo":1eg10mw6 said:
2) its the only one that they managed to sell & so they remove all reference to it in an attempt to deny it ever existed.

I think you got it right there ;)

I remember these from the 90's, I actually quite liked them, but yeah, I guess they are pretty rare to find these days... not desirable, just hard to find :LOL:

Didn't Muddy Fox do another full-susser with linked front and rear suspension? now that was very :cool: but I can't remember what it was called.

I've got a review of one of these in a MBUK from around 1993, all be it the steel version with rubbish parts. They didn't say nice things I'm afraid :oops:

Good work on yours though. :D

These weren't just branded as Muddy Fox, a fair few companies used this frame in their line up including Pacific:

0.jpg

Quite nice that mate - reminds me of a gt.(is it a zaskar?) I have a steel muddyfox monarch xtr and guess what? Can't find didley about that either.Even though its obviously some early nineties top end steel frame...

Re: Rock'n Roll

Hello Allan,

Greetings from Germany…

I make it short … it seems to me that I see my bike after 10 years(stolen). I don't know from where you have the frame - I don't care.

I could you lovely stories with the bike to become sentimentally again but...If you would sell it...whats the price?

Great day - bye.

Hans

P.S. Just to confirm, when I called the muddy company for getting information about it, they confirmed me that there is no information about it anymore :face palm: :?: .

P.S. II … This is no joke.

Back