1991 Marin Team Titanium - finished 18-08-13

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Thanks to Ed for spotting this for me, (although he has ruined my most recent attempt to get the numbers down :LOL: )

Always liked the look of the bike in this ad:

I thought it would make a cool project so I've been looking for the frame for ages then one pops up, not just the frame but the rare as Ritchey fork too! :D

I have the tyres and the Suntour stuff, just been on eBay and picked up a Ritchey post and a Marin Ti stem which some helpful chap has already lopped the roller off just like the one in the pic so this is almost there.

Now I just need decals that Gil_m is on with... and a white Avocet R1 saddle which is going to be a complete bleeper to find.

Re: 1991 Marin Team Titanium

Cool, look forward to this one, another bike etched into the distant memory of the good old days!

Vinevo":2srg7z4o said:
Cool, look forward to this one, another bike etched into the distant memory of the good old days!

Yeah it's funny how some bikes/pics from the mags hang around in you memory..

Nice score I too have that picture on the back of some New Cyclist magazines from the early 90's. I too like this pic . . mainly the track that he has just spent the morning climbing, a little peice of string from the height he is!!

I just about got a TI frame as I was searching Inorganic/kerbside rubbish collection for bikes, I saw it sticking up in this pile I jumped out grabbed it and noticed it was broken,fixable ?. . I think it was repairable, anyway this scrap metal collector walks up to me says nothing and just rips it out of my hands and throws it on his truck??!! I was in his face straight away, this dude was huge and I did not want to have to go home to my son with a happy but bruised face! So I regrettably backed down I am still regretting not jumping on the truck!
Any way nice frame I too will be watching this one.

Cor Adrian, that was quick! Glad you got it and look forward to seeing the finished bike. Don't know what you're worried about anyway, I've made a space for you! ;) :LOL:

Nice ade.......I used to ride with Steve 'growler' rowley, who was a freelance journalist bitd. He had one of these on test when they were brand new and he did the test for I think mbr.......stonkingly nice, understated frame.......looks great with the logic fork too......

So cool to see this frameset.

Was this a Litespeed made frame? Ritchey Logic forks?

Suntour on Ti is a wonderful combination.

Back