My lovely and very original 1986 Fisher Montare! - More PICS

r0gue

Old School Hero
Hi all! It's been a little while since I've posted. I thought I'd share the end result of a Fisher journey spent over the last year. I made a lot of purchases and subsequently liquidated a good bit of the "Fish"ers I caught. The end result -- My wife is now on a Yellow 1988 Montare (NOS frameset, with period parts), and I have a green 1986 Montare that is all original except the tires. Mind you, the seatpost was upgraded to one with a fore/aft QR function, but it was done by the original owner when new, and I have the OEM one.

My Montare (the green one) was owned by the original owner until last year when he sold it to me. It sailed the Great Lakes in the U.S. on tall ships for years! With such a great story, I love it even more.

I'm really enjoying these nostalgic rides. These bikes really feel good on the road too with the nice rake. Enjoy the pics.

b9y3.jpg

fphb.jpg

tjb.JPG

ly3t.jpg

Re: My lovely and very original 1986 Fisher Montare!

I LOVE that 86'!
I had a blue and white 88' a few years ago.
More detailed pics please ;)

bea.....utiful.
you know I love the fishers and you have a pair of beauts there.

Very cool.

Fishers and New Balance.

I must say I do approve!

makster":5e71h0ql said:
I LOVE that 86'! .. More detailed pics please ;)

Thank you thank you! Ask and ye' shall receive... :p

rszh.jpg

tjcv.jpg

jtwo.jpg

8jzy.jpg

l0mr.jpg

wwb2.jpg

oi4e.jpg

nzrs.jpg

7j7i.jpg

7q7d.jpg

dgrh.jpg

3j2f.jpg

9cvl.jpg

up5o.jpg

xgig.jpg

wyn7.jpg

Re: My lovely and very original 1986 Fisher Montare! - More

That's absolutely gorgeous!!
Thanks for sharing the pics :cool:

As near as I can gather, every component is completely original. Even the Specialized seat appears to have been the spec that year. As mentioned the seatpost was an upgrade at the time of purchase, but I have the original too. And my favorite part is it still has the clear chain guard on the rear wheel. Normally I'd remove that from my bikes, but since this one kept it so many years, I cannot bring myself to do it.

Check out the part number of the crank arm. Pre-M-730, pre-MT-60! Just FC baby! :mrgreen:

I think in the whole world, the three of us are the biggest fans of Fisher. ;) I use this bike when I ride with my family. It seems to be more appropriate than my Cannondale Scalpel. I also use it occasionally for Friday morning coffee rides.

My wife's 1988 Montare frame came NOS from First Flight Bikes in NC USA. The stem came off a Hoo Koo. The rest of the parts came off various Fishers I've owned or elsewhere. But they are in general all original spec appropriate.

Loving the extra pic's - very nice!

Another fan of 80's Fishers here! That is lovely, I do like the "light action" rear mech. Nice size too.

Have you seen the price of Suntour bear traps recently? :shock:

Back