Brodie Sovereign

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist. :oops: Just picked this up today…

16" Brodie Sovereign. Gauging from the serial number being very close to the 18" Catalyst I have, it's probably a 1993 model. Should be a better fit for me.

Quite a bit of chainsuck, and rust spots on the frame. Looks to be surface rust… hope so. Need to clean it up and have a good look at the condition. ;)

Alas… still no gators though. :(

Attachments

• DSC05231.JPG
    DSC05231.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,559
  • DSC05229.JPG
    DSC05229.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 2,559
  • DSC05228.JPG
    DSC05228.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,559
I do like the look of Brodie frames, you just don't bump into too many over here.

What are your plans?

NeilM":2cjsdxv8 said:
I do like the look of Brodie frames, you just don't bump into too many over here.

What are your plans?

If the frame is sound, I'll probably move forward with the respray and build I was planning on doing to the Catalyst…

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211629

Attachments

• BrodieMakeover.jpg
    BrodieMakeover.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,468
Nice Frank :cool: . I wish I could get my hands on a pre 94 model (with a matching Gatorblade obviously). So are you going to keep the Catalyst as it is and refurb this one in the same way you planned for the Catalyst originally?

yep, i'll prob use the Sovereign for the restoration. if that works out, i'll prob post the Catalyst up for sale.

Rally_cat":302i0gam said:
I'd love a crack at the catalyst if Adrian doesn't want it.

i could be wrong but i think Adrian has his fill of Brodie in his collection. ;) i'll let you know if that's the case.

RockiMtn":3ktgzhsm said:
Rally_cat":3ktgzhsm said:
I'd love a crack at the catalyst if Adrian doesn't want it.

i could be wrong but i think Adrian has his fill of Brodie in his collection. ;) i'll let you know if that's the case.

Frank is indeed correct Andrew. I've a bit too much on my plate at the moment ;)

Back