Dave Lloyd CATS WISKAS

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Won this on Ebay a couple of weeks back. Firstly, I need to say a big thankyou to NeilM for collecting, storing and posting (with immaculate packing) for me. he also did me a great deal on some M739 V's - but I digress! :D

I have spent the morning cleaning and polishing before getting out for a short ride.

What a bike, fits me perfectly! Back end is so stiff, I'm sure it will zip up climbs (never my forte, so I need all the help I can get!)

Spec will change over time. Certainly need a slightly wider bar, Ti USE post and a different crank. Back wheel and rear mech will also be replaced. Next job is new cables, as I can't stand frayed ones... but typically didn't have any in... Anyway here's the pics!

Loving the gusset on the Bonty stem! :cool:

This is how it arrived -

These were after the elbow grease!

That's looking better already :D

Do you have any idea on the year? I kind of assume that mine is a 95 from the serial number.

Very cool and looking good...

I have been watching this with interest as it looks very similar geometry wise to the Yates I picked up not too long ago (soon to be rebuilt, watch this space!). Middleburn hub must have been a nice bonus, agreed that chainset sticks out like a sore thumb. I reckon a set of RS7's would look well though ;)

Frame number is LL94894 - which sort of suggests 94...

To my mind, that means buyer was limiting themselves to Maguras as XT V's hit the market early 95... All the cable stops are slotted for cables though...

Looking forward to riding her on the Nationals on the 21st...

I liked it better when it was in my garage. :twisted:

What a perfect pair of bikes; if it weren't for that road bike, the CATS may have 'got lost' in the post. ;)

Back