retroking #1s Zinn

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
retrobike4.jpg

First Zinn on the site and what a beauty. Definite BOTM nomination. Hopefully retroking #1 can supply more info.

Nice bikes - I remember having a lovely grey Zinn with full Campag MTB components in the shop for a service (when I was in the 'trade') around 1992. Quite rare now I guess - seem to recall a small 'wheel' on the frame for one of the derailleur cables to run around?

Some more close up pics would be great!

Zinn did a few models...*reaches for Mountain Biker Aug 91*

Z-Centaur - Campagnolo equipped
Z-753 - Reynolds 753 frameset
Z-Success - Sachs Success Groupset
Z-Classic - Urm, not too sure! :?

Gorgeous bikes :)

Rich

Thanks for the interest here is some info 1991 Zinn-Z- Centaur made in the West Midlands Frame and Stem 531 lugless fillet-brazed with Bonty style stiffner on down tube to head tube has 3 little wheels 1 for rear mech 2 for front [bottom pull] only 4 cable stops on top tube. Fork 753 lugless fillet-brazed. Saddel campag Electa with adjustable air cushion and campag Euclid QR seat pin The rest is campag Centaur with the exception of the tyres, tubes, spokes, pedals and bars. :) Will post more pictures when I learn how to do it :?

Thats one high seatpost. And to think people took the rip out of my liddle Klein and Im 6' 1" ;)

Nice Zinn though. Rare and beautiful.

Retroking - that's one lovely bike. How I wish I had my old Campy Centaur components still. If you have any more pics email me if you like and I will host them. Dying to see them!

mpoiluATtiscali.co.uk

That is one bike I'd love to own, someone round here had one with first generation Pace RC35's.......I still keep an eye out in the local classified ads just in case it turns up!

Beautiful bikes, only ever seen one in the flesh tho.........................hanging up in the local plod station ready for auction, but with reserved on it ! (coppers always get the best dibs on stolen goods :evil: )

retrobikeguy":1pszcqh8 said:
(coppers always get the best dibs on stolen goods :evil: )

Sigh if only that were the truth...only decent bikes we got in were crappy emmelles :(

Rich

Back