Greetings from Ned Overend: 93 Specialized S-Works M2 Team

stoppi_71

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello!

Though I was convinced that I've finished my collection I had to follow my heart two weeks ago. In 1993 I saw this beauty in a bicycle workshop and I felt immediately in love. 20 years later I'm an owner of this bike full of history (thank's to ned overend).
Most of the parts are XTR, just the hubs are DX at the moment. I took them from my stumpjumper because of the black specialized rims.
What must be done? A zoom stem has been found in germany and two tires looking very similar to the ground controls are used on an old scott in front of my house. I'll ask the owner for a swap ;)
Other used parts: A black Specialized bar, a silver seatpost with Zero Offset (I'm not the youngest and I want to ride this bike), a Vetta Lite or similar looking saddle and of course black barends (zoom, Profile...).

Attachments

• Specialized_M2_Team_92_13.jpg
    Specialized_M2_Team_92_13.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,913
  • Specialized_M2_Team_92_12.jpg
    Specialized_M2_Team_92_12.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 2,913
Re: Greetings from Ned Overend: 93 Specialized S-Works M2 Te

There are a couple guys on the forum who have done Ned replicas. Good to use as a template for yours.
And of course, lots of Ned pics out there.
Should be a fun project for you!

Very nice! You just have to love these red frames!

Hi,

i have a pair of black Zoom Overends lying around not beeing used at the moment. If you're interested let me know, then i can clarify if I am allowed to sell them since that actually belong to my father :)

Greetings from Vienna

Mathias

Thank's for all the great links and the barend-offer ;)

Just played a Little bit with different colours. Though i'll follow the original build black isn't the worst Option. What do you mean?

Attachments

• Specialized_M2_Team_92_16.JPG
    Specialized_M2_Team_92_16.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 2,619
  • Specialized_M2_Team_92_14.JPG
    Specialized_M2_Team_92_14.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,619

You've got mail :D and concerning the question above - as much black as possible :twisted:

stumpjumper1990":1o1aajyf said:
Very nice! You just have to love these red frames!

Yes, this is very nice and it has a great potential for a great build :D
Enjoy!

Will

Current state: Ned's Barends have arrived (thank's to Mathias), old and desolate avenir-saddle (looks very similar to the vetta lite) was covered with black leather by me, zoom bar and stem will soon arrive and Michelin transalp tyres are mounted at the moment. Though they are more brown than skinwall i like them. Skinwalls often look pale or dirty and maybe i let them mounted.

Attachments

• Specialized_M2_Team_92_19.jpg
    Specialized_M2_Team_92_19.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2,461
Back