My Klein Mantra

jake672

Old School Hero
Hi all,

I've always been a big Klein fan so when this came up for grabs I couldn't resist it. I would normally hunt around for Atittude frames but the condition of this frame was as good as it gets. Apart from the r missing in the sticker on the rear triangle and a few scraps on the barends this frame is as new. I'm so used to riding light bikes, that part of me keeps wanting to upgrade the parts to shed a few pounds, but another part of thinks that this bike should stay as original as possible. I have swapped out the bonty farmer jones tyres for so maxxis flyweights and this shed a pound straight away. I have somehow stockpiled some middleburn cranks, pace RC36's, vuelta brakes, velo carbon saddle, XT thumbies, KCNC seatpost to shed some more weight.

What do you guys think should I shed some weight or keep the bike as original as possible?????

[/img]

Attachments

• mantra1.jpg
    mantra1.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 2,431
  • mantra2.jpg
    mantra2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 2,431
  • mantra3.jpg
    mantra3.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 2,431
BITD that would have been similler to 'Sunburst' :cool: very nice paint work

looks great, how do the spins feel on it though?

Whenever i put them on a full susser they feel mushy, far better suited to a hardtail :(

Yeah I do love the colour too. All the best coloured Kleins seem to be in the USA and they cost small fortune to ship if they ship at all to the UK.

I only ever use the bike on light trails and you do sometimes feel as if they are a bit mushy, but maybe its due the suspension on the bike. I can stick the spins on the attitude and see what they ride like.

Yeah your right about the flite saddle, I'll check out flea bay and see if there are any floating around.

Thanks guys for your comments

My mates had one from new in '98. Its been ridden lots and is still looking good. I found the spins to be slightly heavy and quite harsh to ride, but thats from memories of some 8yr ago :roll:

I don't normaly like Mantra's but that look's superb :cool: ,
i think it's the colour, i agree with the rest, it's fine
as it is but a Flite saddle would be nice ;)

klein mantra

My opinion is to lighten it up a bit. Middleburn cranks were period at the time this Klein was made (199:cool: so that wouldn't be disruptive to it's 'purity'. That shimano crank is hideous anyway. I would keep the Thomson seatpost though, you're not going to find a better seatpost.

Thanks for that, will get the Middelburns put on and watching for a flite saddle. Will also consider getting a Ti BB in there while I'm at it

Back