F.Moser Pro Comp Ax - build ideas

marcinski

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I bought this F.Moser fillet brazed mtb frame on a whim ;) . I am now wondering what to do with the paint. The frame is rusty in places but structurally sound. The paint would be next to impossible to replicate, and I don't like it that much TBH, but seems a shame to repaint it. What's your opinion on that matter? The built will not be period correct anyway as I have no inclination to build museum piece, just a nice bike to ride.
BTW, do you have any info on Moser mtb frames? Any idea what year it could be?

Some pics taken by the seller:

moser1.jpeg

moser2.jpeg

moser3.jpg

Thanks,

Marcin

Very cool, good whim.

It would be fairly straightforward to take some good pictures of the down tube and top tube decals and have some full-wrap decals made up as frame panels with the 'Moser' lettering over, then you can just get it repainted white.

Nice! :cool:

If it's not going 'period correct' then just get some nice tough paint on it before it deteriorates any more. Remember to give it a good waxoil in all the tubes before building! :)

al.

Thanks,

Good to know I'll not be condemned for not keeping it oryginal. I'll try to replicate the decals and the very cool chart showing lateral and vertical flexibility.

Marcin

Latest posts

Back