'worthless' old Claud...

Devon Dubber

Dirt Disciple
Hi.

I was at my good buddies bike shop today (getting another other frame stripped) and he had one in that someone didn't want any more. I am in the process of trying to source a decent runabout for the missus for next year after our second is born.. So he shows me this.

Take a look!! It's barely been ridden a yard and there is virtually not a scratch on it, it is completely and utterly original down to the tires etc and has obviously been kept somewhere very dark and dry. I am fully aware it is not the most valuable bike in the world to put it mildly, but she won't be doing any serious mountaineering on it so its perfect for her. (If more expensive = better?!? Debate)

The brake blocks still have mold marks on, the tires are still hairy and spotless and the alloy anodized rim hasn't even worn silver from braking yet.
It needed a quick dusting off, the drive train needed de-greasing and I still have to service the cables and levers etc.

I don't know what year it is at all, I have looked at the archives but nothing about this bike, I'm going to hazard a guess at 96/97 going on the kit its got, but I might be way off...

As you might be able to tell I'm pretty chuffed, I just hope she likes it as much as me when she gets home from work today... I won't be using it if she doesn't! :LOL:

poweredbypies":3e4ihx0f said:
The tyres be worth a couple of quid to some on here.

Funnily enough, I did wonder!! ;)

They do look dead cool on the bike, but she won't notice the difference... I could always keep them for my Saracen project?

and dibs on them pending willingness to sell, and price.
the bike (which we sold lots of) is around the 95 year, the tyres are definitley not original and the pagan was the mans version of it.

She was dead chuffed with it when she got home!! Excellent.
Beats her old Apollo Unleashed into a cocked hat! Its like a feather compared.
Happy days.

Deffo not worthless, looks peachy :cool: I've just bagged a CB Oracle barn find from a gentleman in the next village, sadly ill health prevents him from using it so it now is all snug in my man cave. It's not pristine but pretty much original (Verdestein Skinwall Tyres still in good nick) Just needs some new cables and a clean up and will make for a nice hack :)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 450
Chute55uk":29pp1xb9 said:
and dibs on them pending willingness to sell, and price.
the bike (which we sold lots of) is around the 95 year, the tyres are definitley not original and the pagan was the mans version of it.

I have a Gents version of the Oracle ;)

Back