Alpinestars Full Suspension

motoxpj

Retro Newbie
Hello, First time posting here, Recommended by a friend. Posted in ForSale Also.

I have an Alpinestars Full Suspension Frame that I have had in my garage for years. It is in pretty good shape, I know next to nothing about it, and not sure if rare or valuable, or even if someone wants it before I just throw it up on Ebay.

I dont have any pictures as of now, I will try to get some up within the next 24 hours.*UPDATE* Added Pics of Actual Frame.

But it looks like the same frame as this one that I found online. Except it is all poslished, not red, and Has RockShox for the forks.

Any information would be great, and if someone wants to buy it I would love to sell it to someone that really wants it. Thanks!

95AstarSide.JPG

xrpeejay@hotmail.com

Attachments

• Frame1.jpg
    Frame1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,879
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,879
FOUND A FRAME . . . THANKS! I was able to track this guy through a little online detective work. . . bike was sold but the guy who bought it wanted to sell it. . . funny how things work out.

Thanks everyone. . . time to find a Z1 fork.

Josh

jwlinn":2l5tv670 said:
FOUND A FRAME . . . THANKS! I was able to track this guy through a little online detective work. . . bike was sold but the guy who bought it wanted to sell it. . . funny how things work out.

Thanks everyone. . . time to find a Z1 fork.

Josh

Just goes to show it's always worth chasing these things down; you never know when you'll get lucky!

Lucky does not even do it justice. . .

I found the original guy on facebook. . . he was kind enough to respond and then told me he had sold the bike a year ago to someone out of state. When I asked him if he remembered who he sold it to, he gave me the guys name. I found that guy on Facebook and when I reached out to him, he said he tried to sell the bike earlier this year and nobody wanted it. Unbelievable really! Two more parts really for that bike and it is complete. Marzocchi Z1 bomber and XTR cranks. I found the rims I need and am trying to buy them now.

Thanks for all the help everyone - it really means a lot.

Josh

Re:

These are the best pictures I have Jake and his 1996 Alpinestars. . . nothing very close of the frame or bike by itself. The last picture is of the frame as it currently sits - fully stripped down and missing everything including rear linkage.

Josh

Attachments

• 1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Big Bear, Downhill (1).jpg
    1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Big Bear, Downhill (1).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, Downhill.jpg
    1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, Downhill.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, Mom and Jake.jpg
    1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, Mom and Jake.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, with David (1).jpg
    1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, with David (1).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, with David (2).jpg
    1996, Earthquake Jake Watson, Marzocchi, Mammoth, with David (2).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 10 10 2014, Jakes 1996 Downhill Bike, from Jayson.jpg
    10 10 2014, Jakes 1996 Downhill Bike, from Jayson.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,408
Re:

Nice pics. Glad you managed to find a frame :)

Awesome photos! Still remember hearing the sad news of his passing when I first moved to Santa Cruz. That guy was talented!

Latest posts

Back