GT Ricochet : lots of purple & turquoise Ringle content!

lowntegra

Old School Hero
well gang, she's finally pretty much done, just waiting on some new cone wrenches to arrive so i can adjust the brakes.

i dont want to clog up the site with all of the photos, so click on the photobucket link for a few more detailed shots:

http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/lownt ... amp;page=1

[URL=http://s1061.photobucket.com/u.../GT Ricochet/0612130811_zpse6fc870e.jpg[/img][/url]

i am not entirely sure of the year of the frame, i think it's a 93. i have to take a closer look at the serial number when i get home.

-roskshox mag 21 sl ti, with brodie CNC brace, ti bolts. rebuilt and repainted myself, the gold paint is as close as i could find, i went through about 5 different gold paints, until i decided on that one. NOS decals. i think the original color was some sort of chrome plating, with a candy goldish-yellow clearcoat on it. hard to duplicate.

-King navy blue 1 1/8 threadless headset
-Syncros cattle hinged stem, also repainted, and new decals, ti bolts
-NOS 3DV purple Control Tech flat bar
-NOS XT 8 speed rapidfire shifters
-XTR m900 rear der.
-XTR front der
-great condition turquoise Kooka racha levers!
-CODA navy blue canti's
-ONZA chill pills, turquoise
-grips i have no idea what they are...haha

-early (95 i think) raceface turbine crank, navy blue.

-raceface XY post
-SDG blue kevlar saddle

-wheels : took a while to acquire, but i finally matched the hubs:
-ringle turquoise 32H, black DT double butted spokes. purple alloy nipples. front rim - navy blue SUN CR-17a, rear - purple Velocity aero heat.

-almost new tioga psycho tires!
-ringle holey ti skewers turquoise

and yes i know i need some real pedals ;P

thats about all i can think of right now. i am kinda looking for a matching ringle stem to put on it, as the syncros angle is a bit steep for my liking.

will post up the zaskar build tomorrow.

very nice mate love it really looks good... i reckon on the forks the legs was very high polished with gold clear varnish spray..noticed on mine when some started chipping of on the lowers :roll:

yeah, im not sure what the heck they did back then....but when i stripped it off, it was some sort of coating, came off in layers. right down to the bare magnesium legs.

i bought and test sprayed a bunch of different gold paints, and the one i finally chose, is close enough...its not as "chromy" as original but it will do. ;)

thanks for the kind words guys! im just happy this site even exists, so us old school guys can share all this cool stuff!

ill get my zaskar build up here tomorrow, also pretty cool. happy with the way it came out, although if i have to be honest, i kinda like the colors of the ricochet better ;)

good call guys, looks like its a 95! my initial guess was based upon a quicky google image search anyways. anyone have a turquoise ringle stem they are willing to part with????

Back