Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:01 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:03 pm 

So at the age of 17 I scraped together every penny I could to buy a nearly new 92/93 Marin Rocky Ridge. It proceeded to see me through 6th form college, 5 years of uni and 3-4 years of living in London, before the purchase of an Audi A3 resigned it to sit in the back of my cellar and now garage for the best part of 8 years.

In that time it suffered a few crashes (bent bar ends when they impacted my rib cage, and exploding front rims when a can of spray paint swung into my wheel) together with a fair few thefts (all though that was mostly the crazy anodised twinkly bits that were added afterwards).

So having looked at a new bike I have realised that they just don't seem to match up, given the Rocky was always a peach to ride and given its past 20 years old that makes it a classic!

So the plan is to track down which year it really was and rebuild it to match the original spec. Thankfully I never did change the shifters and gear set up. However restoring that polished frame is going to be a labour of love.

Pictures to follow...