[Name to go here if I get an ID] frame and forks

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I picked this frame up because ... I'm addicted to bargains, especially purchased vis ebay. It was somewhere which made collection an easy option and something about it appealed to me.

Ritchey+%25282%2529.JPG

The seller said he thought it was a Ritchey, we he said was based on the paint/decals before he repainted it, but I suspect was more due to the Ritchey dropouts. I've been trying to work out what it actually is, but I haven't really got anywhere with it.

Two things that may or may not be helpful:

"TRG" stamped on the headtube. I thought it could be TBG", which would obviously make more sense, but as can be seen in the picture it's definitely an 'R'

Ritchey+%25283%2529.JPG

I guess that could have randomly been stamped on by a previous owner. I can't find any other identifying mark or frame number.

It has a distinctive noodle on the seat tube for the rear brake, which I hope someone might recognise, though I've photographed it really badly:

Ritchey+%25281%2529.JPG

The forks, which I'm assuming are original have "Tange FMR" stamped on the dropouts.

The frameset as it is weighs 2.9kg, with a Shimano 105 headset.

I'm sure I've seen something similar in the last few days on the forum... Late 80s British frame I think it was. Had the same seat cluster.

Any help with identifying this? In my rationalisation, I think I need to sell it, but it's hard to bring myself to part with it without knowing what it is.

Although I got rid of a lot of bikes before I put the last few into storage, I still have this frame and forks (still unbuilt of course).

I did take some more measurements today:
It has a 68mm bottom bracket and 1" headset
Frame not light at 2070g (with headset cups and grease) for 19"
Forks weigh 770g (with crown race)
Rear dropout is closer to 140mm than 135mm - does this suggest it's slightly out of alignment?

Once again, I looked for a serial number, but it doesn't appear to have one. The paint really isn't very think (hence picking up various marks in storage) so I don't think it's there but hidden ..... but then I've never had a frame before with no serial at all.

Any further suggestions for possible identification?

I do want to get a bike rideable, since I am still stuck in the UK at the moment, but with no idea about a build for this one the Aende, one of the Scapins or finding the correct seatpost for the Richter 8.0 seem like more likely alternatives than building this up.

Looking at the photos above, I probably should have also taken the opportunity to take a better photo of the disctinctive seat cluster/cable guide.

Back