Any 80's Kuwahara fans here?

andyz

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I rescued this from a student a couple of weeks ago, its a Kuwahara Savage, from 1987 I think:

img5269n.jpg

img5268a.jpg

img5267m.jpg

All the shimano bits have 1987 date codes.

Are there any Kuwahara enthusiasts on here, as the info available for 80's models is non-existant on the web! Is it that rare?

andyz":2qqim4by said:
Are there any Kuwahara enthusiasts on here

There are a few: three or four examples on here if memory serves.

I've got what I think is an 88 model which I love for its sloping frame and lugged construction. I think that they were practical and innovative frame builders: lots of sweet details and use of multibutted tubes, esp on the later models.

Last time I searched there wasn't much interweb info out there: we could do with some old catalogues coming to light.

specialk040.jpg

doctor-bond":25kskb25 said:
I've got what I think is an 88 model which I love for its sloping frame and lugged construction. I think that they were practical and innovative frame builders: lots of sweet details and use of multibutted tubes, esp on the later models.

Last time I searched there wasn't much interweb info out there: we could do with some old catalogues coming to light.

That is lovely! I think mine is a lower model.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they continued making lugged frames for certain markets and welded ones for other markets - can't remember which ones though. :oops:

I can't complain for £35 though!

Back