SEROTTA ATX; finally finished ,....T.G.!

The frame is going to be repainted; would colour would you make the frame?

• black (onyx) with black decals with white outline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simple white with white decals with black outline

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The original paintjob; purpe metallic with fluor yellow decals

• Slate (that is the grey one)

• Pink with blue decals

• Green with yellow decals

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Platinum with white decals

• Total voters

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
i discovered a crack in my Serotta frame.

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

I bought this frame from new and never abuised it,..and the last couple of years not even off road.
I really wonder how the dealer is going to react, there is a life time warranty.
It is a steel frame so I guess this can repaired, but if so, it needs to be resprayed aswell :roll: :evil:

Lifetime warranty + original owner = no worries as far as I can see! They will have to repair it and repaint it so that it is at least as good as it was prior to the crack.
If only all component failures were so straightforward! ;)

Is that a shim seatpin?? How far does the shim go in to the frame? I wouldn't tell the dealer you have that seat pin. Put a non-shim in. BITD pace & Klein didn't like shims

tintin40":2iad3pwt said:
Is that a shim seatpin?? How far does the shim go in to the frame? I wouldn't tell the dealer you have that seat pin. Put a non-shim in. BITD pace & Klein didn't like shims

1000% with you there!!!

Original owner + "lifetime" gaurantee = Aok+++++

Do not let them wriggle out, stand your ground!!!!

Keep us in the loop

Jim

jim-laden":18dwcfss said:
tintin40":18dwcfss said:

1000% with you there!!!

Original owner + "lifetime" gaurantee = Aok+++++

Do not let them wriggle out, stand your ground!!!!

Keep us in the loop

Jim

I will show the frame without the shim and seatpen, although i bought it this way 11 years ago from the same dealer.
It is a USE pen with the original USE Shim, i guess the shim is like 10cm long

by the way,...what colour would you guys make the frame if you hade the choice?
I was thinking, because i want to build it with Syncros components, Setapost and stem/bar, and the black tange switchblades, white would be nice with black decals.

DSC01062.jpg

Having seen that make of frame in black. Then I would go gloss black :cool:

Too bad Bas

With the T-Max there is a reinforced, thicker section there

The old USE shims are 8cm. All shims I know are 8cm. A while ago I complained about that by USE ....and now theirs are 10cm :LOL:

Of course a shim is always an inferior solution

Sithlord's T-Max is gloss black with tiny glitter particles. That is nice. Pink/yellow - also nice.

Don't know how a resto fits in Serottas facility. Maybe it is easier for them to give you new.

Elev12k":32mefgfy said:
Don't know how a resto fits in Serottas facility. Maybe it is easier for them to give you new.

they have a special department for restauration and reconditioning the Serotta's
http://www.serotta.com/paint/index.html
http://www.serotta.com/owners/repair.html

But if they want to gve me a new one, fine with me,..and i guess you know which one I (and you) would like :cool:
They do not make and Steel MTB's anymore,..only TI ($3,795. Frame only) :shock:

the 10cm was a guess,.... it is like fishing/genitals,..it is always smaller then it really is,... :LOL:

Elev12k":32mefgfy said:
Sithlord's T-Max is gloss black with tiny glitter particles. That is nice. Pink/yellow - also nice.
My T-Max is Black (also metallic) and purple, indeed nice,..and also the pink/yellow looks great but that is a bit to much for me....
Years and years back when i rode with the LBS there was one T-Max in the team in pink/yellow :cool:

Back