My first Klein what I have I started' New pics added

SJB7810

Retro Guru
Hi all,

Just managed to get my hands on a 1997 built Attitude Comp,
I bought this from a retired headmaster that hadn't used it in the last 10 years and prior to that only used to commute the 1 mile journey to the school he worked at,
He said it was in fare condition which did the bike no justice! I got there to take a look and was greeted by a impeccably clean and barely marked shiny Klein and handed the original Klein welcome pack "looks unread" with full service history and original receipts! So after a brew and a tinker we went for a test ride with the seller joining us on a rather large Giant hybrid that he had been using since 2003 as he couldn't get to grips with the suspension on the Klein! After a quick 5 mile coast along local roads and a quick pint in a rather nice beer garden the deal was done and here she is") along with 2 sets of bontrager tyres so the road tyres will be coming off as soon as I get the chance..
Might not be popular with hardcore Klein lovers but I've never had a Klein and 1997 built or not its a joy to ride and I love the paintjob.
Hope I haven't become a Klein hunter now I have got the taste!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 1,183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1,183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 1,183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 1,183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 1,182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1,182
Re: My first Klein what I have I started'

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,184

zetecmk2":1x3wrt7t said:
nice. was it a bargain?

I think so") to be honest I'm not sure what one if these is worth but I'm happy with the price it's a great bike.

i picked one of these up about 5 months ago, 97 Attitude Comp in metallic orange with Manitou Ti forks, ridden it a couple of times and I agree they are bloody nice to ride, light and responsive, and alas I too am keeping an eye out for an older one :?

enjoy the ride man

Chopper1192":2xq26ooe said:
Why did he put a modern SLX crankset on it?

It was done by the bike shop instead of replacing a ring the replaced the lot and at dome expense according to service book I will be replacing that in the next few days with shiny new old correct chain set ")

Nice buy!
I actually think the slx crank fits real well.
Concentrate on those tires...
/J

bonty98":1q7vo400 said:
Nice buy!
I actually think the slx crank fits real well.
Concentrate on those tires...
/J

Yes it rides really well with the cranks but I have a build waiting that they will be good for so may as well change while I'm at it. Tyres are a definite as I don't like road tyres on my bikes I have just purchased a set of nos Irc mythos so they should be better. Think a spring change on the forks is in order too as they are a little soft for me and I would like to keep the fork as is. ")

Very nice, :D I own the little twin!
As I will use as city and summer bike, I added some new components to the original one.
I belive that like this is a very nice frame with some nice components that help to emphasize it.
With original bar
photomag04161729.jpg

And updated bar, same age.
photomag26221329.jpg

Back