raleigh technium with dirty tyres

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
a few months back i took ownership of a very nice 91 ? raleigh technium chill USA frameset from dabik ( cheers Chris :D ) and first thoughts on the build was to go full on age related xt all round wich as proven a bit of a task in itself finding the correct parts, and so the frame as sat in my garage without it being touched from that day untill now, a very clean set of mavic 238s came my way via raidan73 ( cheers Adrian :D and a big thanks for the 7 speed casset you sent along with the wheels :D ). a couple of xt bits have been sourced like thumbies brake levers and derailleur but some of the parts like cantis cranks and front mech have been a bit of a challenge without wich the bike isnt quite finished, a little nagging from the wife and kids to spend the hollidays riding as seen the bike having a few bits thrown on to get it up and riding, and straight to the lbs for some grips and a new chain, new tryes were added for a bit of colour wich were donated by a pal down the road in exchange for me polishing his alloy frame, they did look nice but as the title says ( with dirty tyres ) now its been ridden ;) but it rides spot on and will give it some hammer over the next few days along with the wife on her 88 stumpy wich was sourced from ebay last week along with nos wheels and nos crankset allready fitted, its a nice ride just a shame its had a repaint and the original decals removed and replaced with glue leaving them looking a little shabby but we all know the man to sort some decals out and so affter the hollidays its off to the powder coater for a fresh colour scheme and new decals will be added, as soon as its back i will get some pics up, but for now im off into the man cave to make some room for the stumpy ;)

Attachments

• our bikes 019.JPG
    our bikes 019.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 486
  • our bikes 013.JPG
    our bikes 013.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 486
  • our bikes 014.JPG
    our bikes 014.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 486
  • our bikes 005.JPG
    our bikes 005.JPG