Information about Muddyfox Pathfinder MTB?

rickspathfinder

Retro Newbie
Good evening. I used to be an avid MTB rider, but haven't been very active in years. I found this bike at a local yard sale and found it interesting enough to buy it without knowing anything about the brand. I bought it because I had never heard of Muddyfox before. And I also like older, well built MTBs and this certainly looks the part. I found another thread here with some good discussion and pictures. What I cannot find is any more information about this particular bike. I am looking fo the year built, etc. I am not even sure how to tell if any of the components are original. Well, the seat is obvious I think.

So . . . is this worth putting some effort into? Maybe not an original restoration, but making it at least rideable. The bike hasn't been used very much in a long time. The tires are all dry rotted and coming apart, so replacing them and making sure the rims are true will be my first action. I'll have to learn all about MTB components again, because it has been so long since I kept up with current components brands, models, etc.

Thank you in advance for any information, input or advice! If any more detailed pictures will help with identification, please let me know.

Attachments

• Photo 2013-05-24 07.17.59 PM.jpg
    Photo 2013-05-24 07.17.59 PM.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 237
Great, thanks for those links. I guess I didn't search hard enough. Yes, in the states. Down in Florida. This is the first time I have ever heard of Muddyfox, much less even seen one. It doesn't look like it has been ridden too hard. Looks like most of the original Suntour components are still on the bike.

Back