Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:02 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: Lincolnshire
:D That looks ace!! I bet it would be 'sillylite' with a rigid pace fork 8)

I used to have a yellow s/work that I was gonna give the singlespeed treatment too, never got round to it though :( Kinda wish I had after seeing this :o

Those cranks look sooo nice with a single ring... nice work 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12266
Location: Penarth
sunchaser wrote:
:D That looks ace!! I bet it would be 'sillylite' with a rigid pace fork 8)

I used to have a yellow s/work that I was gonna give the singlespeed treatment too, never got round to it though :( Kinda wish I had after seeing this :o

Those cranks look sooo nice with a single ring... nice work 8)


Thanks mate, its pretty light as it is but damn, why did I sell my RC31's :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:41 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: Lincolnshire
:) Being a crap rider I'm not really a fan of bikes that are too light but, it would be a blast to try it rigid :D It'd skip up the climbs a treat :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:44 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:31 pm
Posts: 669
Location: The Far East
Harryburgundy wrote:
sunchaser wrote:
:D That looks ace!! I bet it would be 'sillylite' with a rigid pace fork 8)

I used to have a yellow s/work that I was gonna give the singlespeed treatment too, never got round to it though :( Kinda wish I had after seeing this :o

Those cranks look sooo nice with a single ring... nice work 8)


Thanks mate, its pretty light as it is but damn, why did I sell my RC31's :lol:


I think we have all learned the lesson why did we sell things .....and later found a new use for them .......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Half link
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 3347
Location: Up north
Harryburgundy wrote:
Yup, Surly, went for the push up option as I have space, looks 8) er as well.
Chainring is Gusset....thick as.
Another cool bit of kit that I got was a half-link for the chain, really helped getting the tension.


Hey matey, any chance of some details on the 1/2 link :?:

My singlespeed could do with a little modification and this may help :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Half link
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12266
Location: Penarth
slimjoe wrote:
Harryburgundy wrote:
Yup, Surly, went for the push up option as I have space, looks 8) er as well.
Chainring is Gusset....thick as.
Another cool bit of kit that I got was a half-link for the chain, really helped getting the tension.


Hey matey, any chance of some details on the 1/2 link :?:

My singlespeed could do with a little modification and this may help :wink:


Well it really is just that, a clever little half-link for better adjustability..got mine from charliethebikemonger on Ebay.
Think I might have had his last one :roll: but give him a mail.
Hope that helps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:59 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Nottingham JustGoRide.co.uk
Those half links are really clever.. Do you still need the surly tensioner? What size half link did you go for? Are you using a specific single speed chain? He still has some on his website.. I could do with one.. :D

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 7199
Location: Omnipresent
Like this. Must try out SSing at some point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:08 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12266
Location: Penarth
OrangeRetro wrote:
Those half links are really clever.. Do you still need the surly tensioner? What size half link did you go for? Are you using a specific single speed chain? He still has some on his website.. I could do with one.. :D

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/


Tension was pretty good without the surly, but belt and braces etc, and the chain will stretch, and I'm no larry-lightweight, didn't want to be pounding those cranks uphill and having the chain jump.

Chain is SS specific, 3/32 as is the half link

HB

PS I'm only a beginner with this SS lark, I'm sure other people will give you better advice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:36 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:26 pm
Posts: 3752
Look sweet 8) , What size ring / cog are you using ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cheshire1980, Eagach, Klein-aficionado, Smithjss70 and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group