so what do we reckon this is then? (now with frame number.)

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
well its home and it needs a fair bit of work but i like it. so what do we reckon then? definitely not a daewoo as we have one in work and that looks more like the gt outpost we have than this.

Im going to be fixing it up thats for sure. just have to figure out what to do about the stuck seatpost- probably about the right height for me already but would be nice to be able to adjust it :roll: it has deore LX components all round and mach rod (I think thats what it says :LOL: ) rims with quick release hubs. definitely a nice project.

Attachments

• haro.jpg
    haro.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,430
Re: so what do we reckon this is then?

I saw another thread a couple of weeks ago with a pic of a very similar bike and i think the concensus was HARO.

Rich

late 80ies haro extreme?
This one is from 1989:
100_4744.JPG

Haro!! And it looks to be in nice condition too. Mines got a 91 escape with a 29.6 seatpost.
It's got the same speckled paint job but blue not grey

drive a stout screw driver up the gap in the post clamp, or slim bolster chisel, something wedge shaped. then squirt disassembly lube down, then work the saddle back and fourth

Don't know what more to offer. Haro? Good luck confirming it.

I see a profile in the seat post, just where it enters the frame. Shouldn't be too difficult to get penetrating oil in there as well. Once you get it to move sideways just a little bit, it'll loosen up pretty quickly.

Are you sure it's a Haro? It seems to be missing the very distinct Haro headtube plate and I think that frame style usually had U-brakes. Also, the seat tube clamp seems to be a bit fancier on the Haro's i've seen of that era.

Here are a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,370
  • H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,370

That was the sticking point last time round on my one so i passed.

yeah that was my post last week. im not sure but it definitely has the haro look to it. but the little bits mentioned are what are making me not sure. its pretty heavy :LOL:

looking at it its definitely original paint. the V brakes are upgrades. it was originally cantis. but if it isnt a haro its a damn good imitation. its just that canti guide on the rear section making me unsure because not seen a haro with that on. Would be nice if it was but even if not Im not going to be upset because was only £15. got good wheels, good bars, deore LX shifters and brakes. well worth the money in parts alone. but will definitely be fixing it up to use.

Back