Grisley Mega 10 Finally Ridable. Quite Nice Actually!

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Was trawling the ended auctions on ebay and noticed this didnt sell, was near me and looked kind of interesting. Went through the archive on here and found it to be designed by a U.S. guy, built in Spain for the European market and possibly poorly kitted out (shimano acera?)

Apparently it's hardly been used. Not sure of age as seller bought it used but threads on here seem to say mid 90s?

Picking it up Weds afternoon for the princely sum of £20 on the strength of the photo attached. 19" he says. Mistake? VFM? Waste of effort?

I shall await your verdicts and knowledge with trepidation and appreciation as always. THM

Attachments

• grisley 10.JPG
    grisley 10.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,482
Re: Just bought this. Don't tell the wife! Grisley Mega 10?

What no abuse? Not even from Chopper1192?

Can't even tell what sort of brakes?

Probably a better return on your money than buying ten Euro lottery tickets... ;)

At worst you can't go wrong for £20, at best it may turn out to be cracking to ride. Looks like win-win to me.

Chopper1192":9kf5ii0f said:
At worst you can't go wrong for £20, at best it may turn out to be cracking to ride. Looks like win-win to me.

Thanks for that. Have to say I was also expecting and looking forward to a smidgen of your acerbic wit. :p

Re: £20 for Grisley Mega 10! Picked Up

Well picked up the Grisley. It would appear that I'm not meant to own a bike unless it has a mammalian association.
Have to say a bit weird but I quite like it for that. Dripping in Shimano Acera and Cheng Shin Rubber. In very good if a bit grimy condition. Have just set saddle height and hopped on for fit. Bars could do with going up a bit but not sure if that's possible given headset? Completely original. 29lbs as is. Spain's Finest. Ole! Via Les's Cycles Canvey Island. Maybe it belonged to Wilko Johnson? :mrgreen:

I shall clean it up and post better pics tomorrow.

The boy done good.

Attachments

• grisley 1 web.jpg
    grisley 1 web.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,343
Re: £20 for Grisley Mega 10! Picked Up

Is there a way to raise the stem and keep the original forks?

Latest posts

Back